Audio is Crap

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago a friend of mine told me that the music industry is run by teenage girls. They bought the most music out of any demographic at the time.

Art is a moment in time. When we hit record, we are looking to capture not just the performance, but the emotion in the music. A fragile and intangible quality that can evoke an emotional response from the listener, and is often found in the almost imperceptible imperfections in the performance. You might say it is the human quality. Snap everything to the grid, whether timing or pitch, that quality is lost. This means that the performers have got to be skilled in their craft.

However, there’s also just music as a commodity. Feel good tunes. Put em on. Bop your head. Sing along in the car. Shake your booty. In my opinion, not necessarily art in the classical definition, and not intended to be. That money has gotta be made, and image sells as much as, if not more than, talent or skill. I don’t like it, but that’s reality.

You can get a handmade chair from a true craftsman, or a flat pack one from Ikea. Both have their place in this world.

Did I ramble and miss the point? That happens to me sometimes

Latest posts

Back