B.-clones !?!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Couldn't believe my eyes, really think I saw silver & black 19" 1HE boxes
heavily 'inspired' by Behringer. :shock: :razz: :?: :? :shock: :grin:

Saw them in Istanbul, they have this street with countless (way too many) music stores side by side. In the shop I saw them they had several models, like the Ultralink & some of their gates in slightly modified fashion (like a control placed somewhere else on the front) but definitely trying to look like a B....

Brand I forgot, was some three letter name. Something like 'C P R' or so.

Bye,

Peter

So when those die can you revive them???

:oops: Ooops, wasn't aware about CPR also being something else until I googled it ...

We could probably make a joke here as well about Beh.-stuff & zombies :grin: :wink: (...says someone who's actually quite satisfied with his Beh.-gear for what it is)

Well OK, those clones will likely have been of a different brand or they simply didn't knew it either...

No idea from which country it actually came from - probably Asian.

I should have taken a picture, but imagine being in a street with say 40-50 music stores before you and of the people you're traveling with you're the only one who's interested... no time for pictures...

BTW, have no idea if there are any Turkish audio-electronics brands.

Bye,

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]Ooops, wasn't aware about CPR also being something else until I googled it ... [/quote] Peter, what do you call this in your country? Resuscitation or reanimation? I suppose its not so funny at first glance like I thought...but then again, I think Sony's "Xplode" is an ill-advised name for a car stereo product.

Peace!
Charlie

It reminds me of walking around the electronics stores in Zimbabwe-you could have your choice of Pansonic, or Somy stereos. Then you could go and get yourself a pair of Adedas shoes for the walk home!

Joel

It reminds me of walking around the electronics stores in Zimbabwe-you could have your choice of Pansonic, or Somy stereos. Then you could go and get yourself a pair of Adedas shoes for the walk home!

We could use some pics of that ! :grin:

But while these are 'A-bands', copying/cloning a 'budget'-brand seems strange. Brands like Phonic etc are in a sense replicating as well, as in going for cheap products with all the bells & whistles - but with the difference they don't go for an appearance of their gear that makes one immediately think of another brand (if we ignore the color-coding of mixer-knobs that is).

Bye,

Peter

from Charlie:
Peter, what do you call this in your country? Resuscitation or reanimation?

If I understood CPR correctly we call it 'hart-reanimatie' here (oops, just like my dad had last february when he went down during some tennis - luckily he's allright again).

I suppose its not so funny at first glance like I thought...but then again, I think Sony's "Xplode" is an ill-advised name for a car stereo product.

CPR-thing no probl, but that Sony (Somy ?) name is just bad imho - already just in general, not even considering what's going on these days on our globe. Who on earth did come up with such a name ?!

Bye,

Peter

Many years ago, my local music shop had a range of 'Gilson' guitars.

Nasty items too, if I remember correctly, but the gold decal on the headstock was spot-on!

Steve

Many years ago, my local music shop had a range of 'Gilson' guitars.

...but the gold decal on the headstock was spot-on!

There should be given awards for what those people come up with.
Would you believe that even a brand that was something like 'Burny' managed to look like a Gibson-logo ?! It was quite alike from a modest distance.

I work for Philips and recently there was an article about the mainly Asian copies of Philips-stuff. While it shouldn't be done of course (bad), the way it was done was often quite amusing - typo's and all, likely not always intended.

Peter

Latest posts

Back