,backend´ mixer for ssl x-panda

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axelerator

Hi to all, just got a ssl-xpanda from a nice white market deal. i am going to use it more for tracking, but want to mix/sum later on.
i plan to build a deluxe master section (no need for monitor section right now ) with one stereo in for the x-panda mixbuss out,
one for the stereo cue buss , one or two add. stereo ins(optional) ,each without pan but i would need volume control. 4 mono in with pan and volume for fx returns.
Parallel processing (maybe send&blend..) for the mixbuss and the cue buss inputs . one master volume out with insert point.Or also paralell processing(not sure if i would need it on the master also, what do you think?)
I like the Capi products very much , so maybe i should start with jeff´s summing boards with some stereotype pcbs classic api style.
but.. now that i have the clean ssl here i do not know if i better get a cleaner solution and have my ( capi/n.ve/add mojo generator here) colouration with slapping it over the busses..

-what do you think ? ( i bet the api summing sounds also awesome, but my feelings are that capi>ssl>clean out would offer more options than ssl>Capi summing out , or am i completly wrong here,
i have no experience with both `desks´)

the capi/stereotype solution is right here while for another clean solution i would have to do major work/investigation.
-please link me to any project/product  you are aware of here.

so you may ask why i don´t get a x-rack with the master module > no volume for cue and no parallel processing for cue buss also,and...too much empty slots staring at me,which i would have to fill with ssl eq and dynamics ,which is nice but will cost me way to much ;D
and the mynx..no way i could think of this package as my `master` 8)

thanks for your suggestions,

axel

Back