Bass traps and diffusers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 119989
this position is speakers 134cm apart and mic is now just before the desk, pretty much where my head would be over the keyboard.
the main change here is i now have 3 panels above my head and ive put a makeshift panel on the floor on the front wall, as below the desk there is a big build up of 120hz, so i could make a few more panels and put them on the front wall, as when i listen this seems to be the culpret.
pretty major change now.
Looks way better - a bit more treatment and you should be fine. Maybe bringing the monitors closer to the desk so they are closer to you might sort the under-desk issue, but they need to be the correct distance from you. Running a tape measure from your ear to the monitors to ensure you get the same distance as the spacing apart of the monitors for optimum listening position will determine the best location for them.

Then you can move your desk across. You need to have the whole system - you included, centred or you’ll have issues.
thats not a bad idea!! but i will still have to unplug everything as the cables ive used are too short to do that, but to be honest it all needs a tidy up anyways so i'll do that then retest.
The rack unit will act as a shelf for my piano on the right it will all be fine and i'll have loads of space!!

View attachment 119989
this position is speakers 134cm apart and mic is now just before the desk, pretty much where my head would be over the keyboard.
View attachment 119990
View attachment 119991View attachment 119994

View attachment 119993
the main change here is i now have 3 panels above my head and ive put a makeshift panel on the floor on the front wall, as below the desk there is a big build up of 120hz, so i could make a few more panels and put them on the front wall, as when i listen this seems to be the culpret.
pretty major change now.
This waterfall looks very good- even the 80 Hz area is below 200 ms I imagine the room is very comfortable to mix in. You may have found a resonance between your desk and the front wall at 120 Hz that any thick absorber would mitigate. Excellent results.

yes the front wall bottom area under the desk is definetly the problem, just need some dry weather and some time to build a few more traps and i think i'll be within a fairly good spec.
I have tried SoundID reference by sonarworks and it did fill in the bits im missing but honestly i can hardly tell the difference with it on and off!! i can hear it changes something but i have to really listen for it.

yes the front wall bottom area under the desk is definetly the problem, just need some dry weather and some time to build a few more traps and i think i'll be within a fairly good spec.
I have tried SoundID reference by sonarworks and it did fill in the bits im missing but honestly i can hardly tell the difference with it on and off!! i can hear it changes something but i have to really listen for it.
SoundID (full disclosure, I consult and write for Sonarworks) is great to add the final touches to a well designed room and properly integrated speaker setup. SoundID can nail the stereo image by time-aligning the two speakers and correcting small performance differences between the two monitors.

You can’t fix time domain problems with EQ, so any room modes or reflections will not be corrected by SoundID. Have you experimented with the different phase modes of SounID? I find the “mixed” setting to be the most musical. I love SounID on my speakers and headphones but some people feel differently.

Latest posts

Back