Behringer B2 Pro Electronics upgrade

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And with finish

ruZxbAW.jpg

Cool option. Yes, B2 is convenient for mods by the design of the case. It's a pity they are harder to find, and the new ones are already redone and not as functional.

You should really just change this ceramic cap to c0g type. The mic has a lot of that bright Sony c800 character, be aware of that and don't go crazy boosting high end. You can try some other capsule in it, something like k47, or CK12.

The greatest thing about this mic is that the headbasket is detachable. So you can buy another one, make for example tube circuit in it, or u87 type circuit, use two different capsules and swap them as you like. I have 4 different circuits one of which stock b2, and 4 different capsules. You can make any combination. Extremely versatile.
behringer t47. Tell me please, does it make sense to modify it, is it sold with a power supply and the case is adapted to the lamp?

Nope, tons of issues with that one.

If it's not difficult, offhand, you can suggest microphones that have the same detachable head design as the Beringer b2. It seems that road nt1 or 2 has the same current more expensive (. I can’t find the second Behringer of the first modification at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Nope, tons of issues with that one.
As I understand it, Behringer B 2 Pro is a clone with Rode NT2-a. and that one in turn is a clone with Newmann tlm103? Am I right or not? If not, what is the prototype? The best mod for B2 would be its complete restoration from the original from which it was copied. With min costs.

Hello Guys,
My B2 Pro has 4 - C3,C4,C5,C11 electrolytic caps from SAMWHA, series SE, designed by the manufacturer as - Suitable to replace tantalum capacitors at low cost - rated at 22uF/63V each, and C13 a Rubycon YXF 220uF at 16V.
First I would like to understand the purpose of those caps only, since I don't have a schematic, and I'd like to replace them with electrolytics that have good sound.
I've changed C3,C4,C5 and C11 with Panasonic (blue and gold label) rated at same value, but I've found the high frequncies sounding sizzzzzly, a bit muddier, and with less bass on my voice. So I put back back the old Samwhas to restore the sound, but unfortunately I've damaged one in the removal process, because of a moment of unfortunate attention.
So please, help me understand the purpose of those caps in the signal path, and suggest some values and manufacturer and series of caps that will help me get a good soud in both bass and HF. This is the only mod I want to do to this mic, the electrolytics.
Thanks in advance!

Hello Guys,
My B2 Pro has 4 - C3,C4,C5,C11 electrolytic caps from SAMWHA, series SE, designed by the manufacturer as - Suitable to replace tantalum capacitors at low cost - rated at 22uF/63V each, and C13 a Rubycon YXF 220uF at 16V.
First I would like to understand the purpose of those caps only, since I don't have a schematic, and I'd like to replace them with electrolytics that have good sound.
I've changed C3,C4,C5 and C11 with Panasonic (blue and gold label) rated at same value, but I've found the high frequncies sounding sizzzzzly, a bit muddier, and with less bass on my voice. So I put back back the old Samwhas to restore the sound, but unfortunately I've damaged one in the removal process, because of a moment of unfortunate attention.
So please, help me understand the purpose of those caps in the signal path, and suggest some values and manufacturer and series of caps that will help me get a good soud in both bass and HF. This is the only mod I want to do to this mic, the electrolytics.
Thanks in advance!
There is a schematic of B2 in the document section here.

I do like some mods described here, but now I want to turn it into a B2 "proless" version xD

I use a jumper over C3 and C4, remove R7 and replace it with a 10k resistor to the positive C5 leg, so I have a similar voltage on Q5 drain, about 13v (12.4v before change). The sound gets cleaner a bit for my ears, but I have about 6db less gain, why? Removing R5 makes no change.

Isn't this more Schoeps like cirucuit compatible with two fets imput topology? Do I have to get rid of Q3 too and use only Q5 rewiring the rest? Or what is my fault?

Or maybe this way I'm messing something around Q1 and Q2 voltages :/

Attachments

• B2_SCHEMATICS_REV_B.pdf
    272.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back