Behringer LDC mics - which models are the same as which other models?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777funk

Curious here. I've seen some are made in the 797 factory. Also some have WIMA caps which is surprising.

Are there any that are worth while and which are similar/same to other mics (Rode, Studio Projects, MXL, etc)?

I have a couple of B-1's which in spite of Wima caps are, in my opinion, pretty bad sounding. I gutted them and installed a Schoeps cuircuit in them, and now they sound great . Same capsule though. I also have a B-2 which sounds really quite good. Apparently, it's actually a Rodes NT-2 as Behringer bought some of their overstock a few years ago, or something like that.

fsalter said:
I also have a B-2 which sounds really quite good. Apparently, it's actually a Rodes NT-2 as Behringer bought some of their overstock a few years ago, or something like that.

...as I've heard the story, 797Audio manufactured the original Rode NT2 until Neumann filed a complaint about the headbasket shape being too close to their own, at which time Rode moved production of their mics to Australia and Behringer purchased excess inventory of remaining metalwork for use in building their new B2...having compared both mics, while they share certain body parts and capsule, the circuitry is not the same...

...797Audio is capable of building some very nice mics, having built early versions for Soundelux and others...if you'd like to try one of their best builds (IMHO) look into the Studio Projects CS-series mics, CS1 and CS5...designed by Brent Casey and built by 797Audio to some fairly strict tolerances for Chinese product...

Latest posts

Back