Behringer OT-1 transformer.... anyone know about this thing?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rascalseven

I've got a couple pulled from some non-functioning DI boxes (DI100, I believe), and they look like miniature, pcb mounted API 2503's (got the copper shield around the middle). 

They're about 1" cubed, so not big, but not a dinky modem trafo either.  Look like a 1:1 design with 22ohm and 24ohm DCR on the two windings.  Got a third wire attached at the pinboard as well, but doesn't appear to be connected to any other winding or the core either.... can't get a reading.

Anyway.... if they're useful for something I'd like to put them to use rather than toss them.  Did a google search and really couldn't come up with anything other than dealers charge about $30 for them (probably the most expensive part Behringer sells?)

Anyone built something with them?

JC

You could try a few in the Behr'ger devices that use them as upgrades...that should be good for a laugh or two.

rascalseven said:
I've got a couple pulled from some non-functioning DI boxes (DI100, I believe), and they look like miniature, pcb mounted API 2503's (got the copper shield around the middle). 

They're about 1" cubed, so not big, but not a dinky modem trafo either.  Look like a 1:1 design with 22ohm and 24ohm DCR on the two windings.  Got a third wire attached at the pinboard as well, but doesn't appear to be connected to any other winding or the core either.... can't get a reading.

Anyway.... if they're useful for something I'd like to put them to use rather than toss them.  Did a google search and really couldn't come up with anything other than dealers charge about $30 for them (probably the most expensive part Behringer sells?)

They aren't magnetically shielded, so using them in a DI box on top of a bass amp is problematic.

-a

Back