DBX RTA-1 - repair and restoration

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, no source, but see what you can do w an48

I will inquire about source for that

another rta1 owner and expert has gotten plotting done using excel and wrote me

What I did find was two good tutorials on YouTube, one showing how to graph one set of data and the other showing how to graph two sets of date. Links below [[your task would be to get them to do the diff / normalization functions, which is one of the cooler things about the rta1]]

Hi, Mr. Noon,
I'm the original design engineer of the RTA-1. I ran across your post here as I was preparing to move from the house I've lived in since 1985, when I was still working at dbx.
It so happens that I have the components of an RTA-1, though it is not in working condition. I've been trying to locate some of my former colleagues who still may want these parts. It would be a shame if they ended up as trash, if anyone can still put them to good use.
I noticed one of your posts mentioned someone who is still maintaining RTA-1s. I think I know who that is but I don't know how to get in touch. Can you pass along the contact information for that person? If you doubt my bona fides, you can pass along my name (below) and I'm sure he'll remember me.
If that doesn't work out for some reason, I can at least offer you the key caps you're missing!

By the way, you're right about the pink noise filter. I wrote a little in-house white paper on that -- we wanted to get the worst-case error in the pink noise curve down below +/- 1 LSB of the D/A converter.
- Don B.
Hi Don!

Thanks for weighing in, and the description of your excellent design work.

Did you find a home for the parts you mentioned you had?

Ray

Latest posts

Back