Best Way to Ship Intl

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike..
USPS is the least expensive..
If it's under 4lbs can go 1st Class mail but sometimes as CJ mentioned
Flat Rate boxes are less than 1st class rates .. You just need to check your
Weight and go to there website and click on the Caculate time and cost

APEX JR. said:
Mike..
USPS is the least expensive..
If it's under 4lbs can go 1st Class mail but sometimes as CJ mentioned
Flat Rate boxes are less than 1st class rates .. You just need to check your
Weight and go to there website and click on the Caculate time and cost
Thank-you Steve.

I always preffer to use the countries own mail service than DHL or UPS

From the US, I use USPS the priority service and from the UK I use Royal Mail priority service.

The customs proceedures are also much easier and cheaper than UPS, Fedex or DHL.

Last edited:
Whoops said:
I always preffer to use the countries own mail service than DHL or UPS

From the US, I use USPS the priority service and from the UK I use Royal Mail priority service.

like them it and it seems to always make it easier in the customs also than UPS, Fedex or DHL.
Interesting thx for sharing.

Bumping this....
Any new advice or discoveries over the last 5 years on shipping from the US to overseas? Priority flat rate international has tracking but it starts around $50 for pretty small packages iirc . That's if they even ship to certain countries. Definitely seems cheaper/easier to receive packages from overseas than to send there...still? .. Sometimes, not always, a certain level of stress when dealing with international transactions. ..

Bumping this....
Any new advice or discoveries over the last 5 years on shipping from the US to overseas? Priority flat rate international has tracking but it starts around $50 for pretty small packages iirc . That's if they even ship to certain countries. Definitely seems cheaper/easier to receive packages from overseas than to send there...still? .. Sometimes, not always, a certain level of stress when dealing with international transactions. ..
DHL's "Global Mail" service seems pretty affordable, I just received over 5lbs of t-shirts that I shipped from the US to the UK using that service (via Stackry) for about $40, fully tracked and insured.

DHL's "Global Mail" service
Thanks. I've never had any issues receiving pcbs that come here via DHL although there are some questionable reviews online. Will check it out... and Stackry...

edit///
just tried looking at DHL and can't decipher yet how to get any reasonable rates....
Not sure what Stackry is... looks like it's limited to buying from certain retailers and then dealing with the Stackry logistics? idk...

How the heck do manufacturers get units from the US overseas cheap.I get it the higher volume discounts but for regular people, it must be orders of magnitude more cost in comparison.

Unless maybe a Manley compressor has a grand tacked on for shipping....lol

Last edited:
Not sure what Stackry is... looks like it's limited to buying from certain retailers and then dealing with the Stackry logistics? idk...
Stackry is a US-based parcel forwarding company. I live in the UK and some US companies don't ship internationally, so when I buy stuff from those companies I get it sent to a postbox at Stackry, who then either forward the parcel to me directly, or they can repackage multiple smaller parcels into a larger one, to save on total shipping costs.

I mentioned them because it was through Stackry that I got a very good price on DHL's "Global Mail Direct" service. Having just looked up some direct quotes from US shipping companies, I'm guessing that Stackry get special rates due to the volume they ship.

Even still, it might be worth looking into sending your international parcels via Stackry, you can find their shipping prices on this page Shipping calculator | Stackry

Admittedly, Stackry's own "reliability rating" is pretty unflattering to the Global Mail services, but my items were fully tracked and insured, and I didn't have any issues. They also offer "Connect by FedEx" option for a bit more money (although still significantly cheaper than the other shipping options), if you're really concerned about using the Global Mail service.

Attached is a screenshot of the quotes I just got for shipping a 5lb parcel from the US to the UK, Stackry add some fees on for relabelling or repackaging (if necessary), but you're looking at $10 tops.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 16.36.50.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 16.36.50.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Even still, it might be worth looking into sending your international parcels via Stackry, you can find their shipping prices on this page Shipping calculator | Stackry

Attached is a screenshot of the quotes I just got for shipping a 5lb parcel from the US to the UK, Stackry add some fees on for relabelling or repackaging (if necessary), but you're looking at $10 tops.

Just put in a 6"x6"x6" package at 1lb from here to France and got $30.97 connect by fedex which doesn't seem too bad actually....
Will look into it further with some relevant numbers.....

Latest posts

Back