Better to try...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rochey said:
@Ethan,
How many users are on groupdiy at one time?
/R
Average around 500. More guests than logged in users.
If you go to the homepage, the (almost) realtime stats are at the bottom.

Ethan said:
5) The 10th day 11th hour decision was to revert back to SMF.

Ah well, that explains it. Is there no other forum software that will allow you to convert from SMF?

I honestly don't see an issue sticking with SMF, unless of course it is riddled with bugs & security issues / browser compatibility etc.

The only thing that frustrates me is that there is no real mobile support and I struggle to see private messages on my iPhone

Thanks for all the hard work!

When you think about it, creating and running this group is bigger than any DIY project anyone on this group has ever undertaken.  The fact that in ten years there have been so few problems with the site is a credit to Ethan's expertise.

Cheers

Ian

Late to comment but I too missed this place much when it was down.

I apply the title of the thread to my DIY efforts in general. I have sat on parts for a couple years or more, honestly afraid of screwing up the project I bought them for.

Finally I had to give myself permission to f' it up, to blow the whole thing trying, no matter what. It's a little scary sometimes but usually it pays off.

Except for my DIY U47. That one, died. I had to send that one off. But it's going to come back better than before, bigger, stronger, faster etc.

Kinda like this place.

Thanks Ethan. :D

Mike

Back