Bing’s A.I. Chat: ‘I Want to Be Alive'

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not the question, John.
it was one sci-fi futuristic plot line question... not serious.

I try not to take this too seriously while I see a problem from the dumbing down of education (trying to force equal outcomes by squashing down merit based advancement) and the advancing capability of machines. This won't end well for the slackers of the world.
As lying showed, the AI had it's own goal. What if the armed robots conclude that they would be much better off without humans?
AI programmer's goals?
The essential difference between a program and AI is that the AI uses self modifying code. Kind of hard to predict where that will end up. We can't even debug "stupid" code easily once it reaches a certain complexity. How would we be able to debug self-modifying code?
indeed there needs to be fail safes engineered in, while I can imagine mad scientists skipping that step... :rolleyes:
Compare to image recognition software. If you just use it for text recognition, there isn't much to go wrong, is there? Yet, Xerox copiers can change numbers, if you set the quality to a lower level and save as a pdf. Not a real biggie, but if you start convicting (or even arresting) people based on image recognition software, I think you have a real, albeit rare, problem. The same has been seen with DNA as evidence. The first two non-related individuals with matching DNA have been found. One of them spent many years in jail, while being innocent.
Trust but verify... there have been many old crimes solved by the public pursuit of family trees.

You can have my DNA after I'm dead.

JR

Lol.
I want one for the garden too -- to fight the summer mosquito pest.

[ ;) ] But a true all-rounder that should also be good for rodents, felines, canines, wild boards, and even bipeds should the rough get tough [ ;) ]

AI programmer's goals?

The programmer's goals are one thing. It's what you feed the code to learn from.

As most high-profile tests have shown, your expectations might be derailed by data. In the case of one of these AIs that was fed billions of pictures, it had a preference for Asian women in a sarong. And that wasn't the AI showing human traits, it was just a coincidence that the many libraries it was fed contained a large number of these pics.

indeed there needs to be fail safes engineered in, while I can imagine mad scientists skipping that step... :rolleyes:

You'd need to find a way to code these. Remember Asimov's three laws of robotics?

https://webhome.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html
Where are these when it comes to armed robots?

Trust but verify... there have been many old crimes solved by the public pursuit of family trees.

You can have my DNA after I'm dead.

They already have your DNA. If not because you gave it to them, but because some relatives did.

Then again, it might not be unique ;-)

The programmer's goals are one thing. It's what you feed the code to learn from.
Social media is already plagued with positive feedback, not a good thing for stability.
As most high-profile tests have shown, your expectations might be derailed by data. In the case of one of these AIs that was fed billions of pictures, it had a preference for Asian women in a sarong. And that wasn't the AI showing human traits, it was just a coincidence that the many libraries it was fed contained a large number of these pics.
What expectations? If this just amplifies modern culture we will just get more of the good and bad aspects.
You'd need to find a way to code these. Remember Asimov's three laws of robotics?

https://webhome.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html
Where are these when it comes to armed robots?
yup good science fiction anticipates and addresses future issues.

Armed robots AFAIK are just drones operated by humans. If these get programmed to kill all of one side's soldiers that again is just how they are programmed by humans. The fear is of these lethal robots becoming sentient, well explored in science fiction, but not easily resolved.
They already have your DNA. If not because you gave it to them, but because some relatives did.
yup, my immediate relatives are not that forthcoming, but it only takes one... :unsure:
Then again, it might not be unique ;-)
? Much of our genome is common/shared.

JR

Speaking of DNA, police in Tuscaloosa, AL just solved an old cold case involving multiple rapes. The bad news is they identified the rapist almost a decade after he died... He was a French horn teacher/judge who traveled around the country and apparently raped multiple women over the course of his travels.

It was interesting how they Identified him... they traced markers from his mother's family side and different markers from his father's family side. The intersection of the two family trees resulted in a family with two brothers. The brother still alive is innocent. A little disappointing that the creep is already dead but provides closure for a cold case that involved incidents in multiple states. The guy was from out west but he was busted because of an old rape case in AL and a local police detective who didn't give up.

JR

Latest posts

Back