Bluetooth Module Troubles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basser75

Hey guys,

So I'm working on a little project for my friend, a HiFi console that can switch between a variety of inputs, and I had a couple questions regarding Bluetooth modules (I know Bluetooth isn't HiFi...).

This is going to be in a very sexy looking piece of woodwork, and we don't really want it having that annoying computer voice saying "Bluetooth connected", so we ruled out this unit even though it's easy to set up.

Then I tried the TinySine TS3008, which uses a Qualcomm QCC3008 chip (whose data sheet is behind a series of hurdles like uploading a business license). I just could not figure out how to get the thing to even connect/turn on. I'm not sure if there is some piece of the puzzle I am missing, but the only review on the TinySine site said this: "...The only trick is the ADK and getting information from Qualcomm for the QCC3008 datasheets which just takes time after registration..." When I asked for more information from TinySine they just sent me this ref schematic.

So I guess I have 2 questions:
1) Am I obviously doing something stupid with the TinySine module?
2) is there a module ya'll would recommend instead of these two options?

Thanks in advance!

Joey

Last edited:
I've been looking for a good BT module that supports voice (phone, bi-directional) and streaming (one-way). I've tested at least 50 solutions and still haven't found one that does what I need.

None pairs with everything I tested. All can do stereo playback without any problem when paired. So, test with as many devices as possible. Some pair once and never again, but that's rare. Some pairing systems are incomprehensible and docs are simply wrong.

Audio quality differs a lot, but most are at least decent.

It doesn't matter if you buy a famous brand one for a lot of money, or the cheapest board-only from Ali Xpress. As long as you only need stereo playback, not too much problems. If you want both phone and music use, it gets a lot harder.

For now, I've settled on one, but that one is no longer sold and it's impossible to find on the second hand market. In fact, that's the biggest problem, as even the big brand ones change hardware without any notice. Voice quality isn't good so that remains on my wish list.

The quest goes on. Fortunately, I have a friend who's gadget addicted. He buys several gadgets every week and I get them when he grows tired of them, deems them low quality or can't get them to work.

Latest posts

Back