BRAUNBUCH

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hi to everyone!

I am asking to myself Where I can find a famous German "Braunbuch" (Brown Book) copy?

Look like there is so little info about.

I will appreciate any ligth on this book so much!
opacheco

Google it? I found it within seconds.

Actually,
@opacheco is probably right.
Google's stupid algorithm varies A LOT depending on your geo-location, language, preferred etc.
If he is in... Honduras, set to Spanish or even English.
When he types "Braunbuch" his results will vary a lot from yours and mine.

I typed German Braunbuch in Google (Location : France - Language : English).
All I got was some old shit with Göring, Adolf et all... for pages within 0.32 seconds.
See pic attached.

M

PS: Correct link

Braunbuch

Attachments

• German Braunbuch.png
    German Braunbuch.png
    835.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Braunbuch was multiple volumes, and with more than one edition.

I think some is, or was, available if you have a membership at radiomuseum org. Not sure of current status, but I think it was in a member’s uploaded collection.

Brown books available in the German Broadcasting Archive Potsdam
From the German Broadcasting Archive DRA there is an inventory overview of the brown books available there. The list includes 45 pages in landscape format, is stored here as a PDF and is searchable.

Notes:
1) the designation "A43" is an internal regulatory criterion of the DRA and not part of the book or essay titles.
2) the documents are not digitized. According to the DRA, they can be viewed at the Potsdam-Babelsberg location and also copied to a manageable extent.

Attachments

• d_DRA_Braunbuch_Liste.pdf
    737.9 KB · Views: 4
“There are three people left that have the entire post war IRT Braunbuch, and one person has the pre war Reich's Rundfunk (the nazi IRT) Braunbuch but nobody hands out a copy.”

Hello Jacob,

those files are not the full Braunbuch description, those are the use/manual version of the Braunbuch. In the technical version of the Braunbuch you find aside the manual, the winding/building instruction of transformer, wiring data, and in case of mics, the drawing and tensioning info on capsules, how to test tubes and parts in general.

Best regards,

oliver”

Oliver Archut

https://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=2967.45

Since so many people get upset when I lock threads or delete their precious posts, I have moved a bunch of "Non Document" posts over to the original 2005 https://groupdiy.com/threads/the-braunbuch-it´s-here.5250/#post-1110271 brown book thread... in the LAB

Feel free to continue bloviating over there..... NOT HERE,

only documents here.

If one more person comments here I may lock the thread until they figure out we are serious. 🤔

JR

**** in Ethan's original technical documents rules he advises against links (Do not post links to external websites, over time those links can break and files not be available .) links to documents, are clearly not Ethan's intent for this sub forum.

This is a list of Braunbuch documents currently available for purchase from footage berlin’s archives, as a cross reference. Some very interesting document descriptions in there.

Attachments

• d_DRA_Braunbuch_Liste.pdf
    737.9 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back