Mackie SR1522Z Powered Loudspeakers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hi to everyone

In these days I am in the repair process for a pair of Mackie SR1522Z powered loudspeakers, they have severals problems like HF Freq Amp damage failure and HF driver burned!….I detected the termal sensor switch open and don’t action with temperature changes.

Do someone have the schematic of this unit?? I have searched and found nothing at all but the user manual only!. Do someone knows where I can get a copy of?

Thanks a lot anticipated
opacheco

Attachments

• IMG_8356.jpeg
    IMG_8356.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8355.jpeg
    IMG_8355.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8350.jpeg
    IMG_8350.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8354.jpeg
    IMG_8354.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8357.jpeg
    IMG_8357.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Have you searched for the repair manual here:

https://mackie.com/en/support/schematics
If you can't find it there, I'll upload it here for you.

The reason you might have missed it, is that Mackie doesn't call it a "service manual". It's called "Repair manual".
cyrano,

I searched there for suggestion of Khron but the Mackie website have the preamp section only not the power section. Could you upload it for me please?

Thanks anticipated!
opacheco

Last edited:
I searched there for suggestion of Khron but the Mackie website have the preamp section only not the power section.

Did you check the documentation there for other models from the SR range?

What're the odds the power side is common with other models of the SR series, though?

I took a quick peek yesterday and there are amplifier schematics for some, but nothing discrete (going by those TO247-cased devices under those black clamps), just more or less bridged LM3886's. Although they're using some really kinky class-G type rail switching for the LF amps :oops: In the SR1530z, anyway...

The SR1521z folder has the schematic & board layout for a very similar-looking HF amp board though.

I've also had a look at what I have here. It's clear now that it isn't a "service manual". No schematics at all. It's just driver replacements and power amp board replacement.

Sorry, probably the same thing as the one on the Mackie website. Not really useful.

... But if your issues are restricted (?) to the HF section...???
idk...guess I was confused...different kind of power...

cyrano,

I searched there for suggestion of Khron but the Mackie website have the preamp section only not the power section. Could you upload it for me please?

Thanks anticipated!
opacheco

i have 3 SR1522Z with the tweeter amp in bad condition and 1 unit of them with protect led on all the time and I am thinking this have in low frequency power amp. Do you have the power amp section (HF and LF) schematic for share??…

Thanks anticipated
opacheco

looks like the SWA1501 uses same power transformer. Maybe worth a shot seeing if power supply lines up with it's schematic.? The Power supply section is there....althought the schematics themselves have srs1501 stamped on them ...idk...

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/SCH_SWA1501_AMP_board.pdf

Not only the same transformer, but the entire amp topology actually looks strikingly similar.

There's the two TO-247 package big transistors (2SA1943/2SC5200), there's a boost-converter using that toroidal inductor there & big film caps, whole bunch of TO-220 package devices (two IRF630's doing the class-G rail-switching, MJE15032/3 predrivers, and whatever else there is).

i have 3 SR1522Z with the tweeter amp in bad condition and 1 unit of them with protect led on all the time and I am thinking this have in low frequency power amp. Do you have the power amp section (HF and LF) schematic for share??…

Thanks anticipated
opacheco

Thank you for finally revealing the mystery of all the problems you have with all the speakers you have there! None of us over here read minds, y'know... ;)

Woofer amp - see my comments above, in this post.

Tweeter amp...

Did you check the documentation there for other models from the SR range?

---

The SR1521z folder has the schematic & board layout for a very similar-looking HF amp board though.

Not only the same transformer, but the entire amp topology actually looks strikingly similar.

There's the two TO-247 package big transistors (2SA1943/2SC5200), there's a boost-converter using that toroidal inductor there & big film caps, whole bunch of TO-220 package devices (two IRF630's doing the class-G rail-switching, MJE15032/3 predrivers, and whatever else there is).

Thank you for finally revealing the mystery of all the problems you have with all the speakers you have there! None of us over here read minds, y'know... ;)

Woofer amp - see my comments above, in this post.

Tweeter amp...
The power amp section is similar to SWA1501 but not the same!!….that is a shame!!

Thanks
opacheco

Latest posts

Back