Budget 192khz A/D

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I can tell the 9038SG3 has balanced outs on TRRS , the 9038D has regular TRS unbalanced .
9038SG3 also has wider frequency responce +0.1/-0.3 @ 100khz compared to around 80khz -1db on the D variant .
The extended response of the S version seems to be the consequence of the slight hump (0.6dB@55kHz). I would think REW would handle this difference easily.
Astonishing that a DAC the size of your thumb and USB powered can perform so well , battery powering the ADC or DAC via a standard USB power bank and y splitter cable is also possible .
I've been questioning myself about the possibility to order one of these, because the Cosmos DAC doesn't seem to be available soon.
I think I'll stick with my E30 for the time being and wait till it's available.

I was reading up on the Cosmos' progress and saw a post where Ivan mentioned he's figured out how to use the programable biquad filters on the ADC , he can use it to implement RIAA or any other recording curve , he had a simple command line format to program it . Of course with REW you can apply a filter ,for example to correct a microphones response , but being able to do programable Eq in hardware in real time sounds very usefull .
Its likely the companion DAC will have similar processing capabillity .

The APU looks like a very usable unit , but its still some time away from general release ,
The Dac is down further away ,
Ivan is continually diverted and dragged down by people trying to add 0's to their distortion measurement ,endless questions by people who dont see the results they were expecting , not because his device doesnt deliver ,but because of shortcomings on their end , its the same never ending loop . He'd have been as well to join up here and send out a few free units for evaluation ,
Kind of ironic on a site dedicated to a device achieving the lowest noise levels possible the noise level is unbearable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back