[BUILD] 1176 Rev A - Back to the beginning...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Version 1:
http://geocities.com/m_natsume/files/MNATS1176REVD.pdf

Version 2:
http://mnats.net/files/DIY1176LNREVD_V2.pdf

The output wiring is different.

Mike

Thank you Mike,

But i can't do like REV D v1 cause on my pcb i can only watch starting from the comer

brown
nothing
withe red
nothing
grey
nothing.

i think i ill unstuff the screw block.

Ah I see.

Sounds like you had it wired correctly.

I'd do the usual checks....the +30 and -10 voltage test points....check for component values and orientation (especially around the flaming resistor)...shorts...wiring....

Mike

i 've got -9.71v and +30.52v all my capcitors are good value and good sens ,the diodes also, don't have shorting.

wich compenets could be burned this restor.

Perhaps it's bad compenents.

I'm lost.

ok,
i have unstuffed the screw block and the wring transormer is fine, i don't have shorting, all the resistor on signal line amp are good value,capicitors in good  position.
+ 30v and -10v are in place.

When i put out the Q5  or when the transformer is disconected don't burn but when the last two are connected R32 Burn.

I've try to make a another transistor on Q5 and nothing change.

Here's yet another Rev A:
1176front.jpg

No relation to the beer!
I relaized later that there's also the Skibbe Red Stripe LA2A...no relation to that either!

R32 burning in my experience is the output transformer hooked up wrong. Please check that. And check again. I didn't fry the output transformer hooking it up wrong in my case but maybe it could happen possibly. Did you hook up the output transformer incorrectly at some point during testing? Can you ohm it out to see if it is still good and not damaged?

John

i can ohm it but don't have information about it.
i will ask to my firend his transformer and try it to see if it's the same result.

For  the wiring i'm sure it is good since the benining cause i've unstuffed the screw block this afternnoon to read what it's scribed on the board.

just one thing i need to join the yellow and orange wire together. Right?

Hi guys
I just finished  my 2 blue stripe
I have a question to ask
how can I calibrate the machine using Signal Generator in Pro Tools?
is right to get him out at -18 for 0db?
Thanks

hello Iffungo,

if i've good remember put a sine wave 2khz -10 db in the machine , for +4 vu put the input to have -4 on your master vu, and make your bleustirp vue to zero.

Stagefright13 thanx for your help, this is what i have on my transformer

White balck to white red 1.5 Ohm
black to brown 47 Ohm
grey to violet 247 Ohm
blue to red 47 Ohm

after a lot of try i find  the R32 don't burn when Q5 is disconnected  or when the white black is disconnected.

To the center pad of Q5 i have around 27V

I think the problem come from before the white black wire but all seems to be fine.

hello stereokillah
Thanks  for your help ...
Sorry if I insist, but there is a way to make any adjustment with  Pro Tools?
i'm sorry but I don't have the right tools to be able to do otherwise
;)

ilfungo said:
Hi guys
I just finished  my 2 blue stripe
I have a question to ask
how can I calibrate the machine using Signal Generator in Pro Tools?
is right to get him out at -18 for 0db?
Thanks

Hi Ilfungo,

Yes you can calibrate with protools.

Protools is using "full scale" db which I *believe* is dependent on your bit rate.  In any case, yes it is possible for 0dBu to be equal to -18dBfs.

The best thing to do is to place a DMM capable of accurately reading frequencies as high at 1K at the input XLR to confirm.  You're looking for around 0.775VAC for 0dBu.

Mike

I measured 0775 between pin 2 and pin 1?
work this calibration for Rev A? http://nimbleswitch.com/diy/1176_revD/index.php?page=calibration

I ask you guys if you can give me a hand ...
I finished two rev 2 rev A and D and I do not know how to adjust :'(
thanks

Hey guys, I just got my first of 2 Rev A's Wired up today and I'm getting the same thing as stereokillah, a burning R32. My board is 1.1 as well, is it supposed to have the output transformer wired differently? I powered it up before wiring everything and got +29.94V and -9.56V.

Thanks guys.

Ben

Back