[BUILD] The Rude Tube IVORY ====== Official build & support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, i'm trying to build the IVORY for the first time .. in fact it's my first tube project (done many others without valves). 
I would like to try a stereo (dual mono) version on a 2H case but just with one group of pots if it's possible...
I have the panels and i've been starting to populate the pcb's ..

First question .. is this mouser 553-VPT12-2080 power trafo a good option knowing that i would like to add meters, bias control, in/out transformers and avoid the voltage selector .. just want 230v ???

thanks a lot

Hi again .. as long as i dont need the voltage selector, just gonna use it for 230v .. i dont need that power trafo i guess ..

so .. i'm gonna search on Don-Audio, Banzai and Tube-Town the one i need ..

any recommendations please?

thank you

Thanks a lot Bernd.

Happy cause i had that Don Audio PT at home waiting for other project.  Now i just need to know how to connect the secondaries. I've been reading here that i can take the 6,3v directly from the PT to the tubes but .. what about the other secondaries? .. where i should connect the two 180v and the 9v? and also .. should i empty all the heater (yellow areas on bom) components of the psu ??

thanks a lot

Use only one 180V, one 6,3V and the 9V if you want to use relays or lights. Stuff the power supply pcb and leave out the components for the 6,3V rail. Feed the tubes filament directly with the 6,3V from the power transformer.  The power tx is strong enough to feed two tubes/channels from one psu.
Bernd

Thanks a lot for your help .. so one of the 180v connected to the PSU (i'll leave the other 180v disconnected) .. then just one of the 6,3v to feed the two tubes (does that mean from one to the other ??) and i'll leave the other 6,3v disconnected  ..  but i don't know where to connect the 9v from the tx .. ??

and then .. wich are the components on the psu involved on the 6,3v that i should take out from the psu? .. the yellow ones on the BOM ??

thanks a lot

lacasaestudio said:
I would like to try a stereo (dual mono) version on a 2H case but just with one group of pots if it's possible...

I thought about doing this too but ended up doing two mono units. Let us know if you find dual pots that work.

Hi dpm, I definitely will .. thanks a lot .. first I need to know where to conect the 9v and wich components should I take out from the psu

The 9v is only used if you need to power relays for a bypass. Not connected to the audio board.
I skipped the bypass on my build.

If you want to leave out the 9v you can skip the components - just look at the build guide to see

Thanks a lot dmp .. i would like to have a bypass option for sure ..

about the psu .. as long as i have direct 6,3v from the tx for the tubes .. Bernd says i should take out those components from the psu .. but sadly i don't understand schematics on the build guide so no idea wich components are.

appreciate your help

lacasaestudio said:
Thanks a lot dmp .. i would like to have a bypass option for sure ..

about the psu .. as long as i have direct 6,3v from the tx for the tubes .. Bernd says i should take out those components from the psu .. but sadly i don't understand schematics on the build guide so no idea wich components are.

appreciate your help

There is a page in the build guide titles "Heater PSU"
All the components on that circuit can be left out if you are using AC heaters.
What don't you understand about the schematics in the build guide?
If you do AC you will want to pay attention to the wiring and connect through 100 ohm resistors to ground.

ok .. so i've took out all the components from the PSU that are yellow on the BOM .. (heater psu components) ..

then i connect directly the 6,3v from tx to the tube  .. BUT for the other tube .. should i take two cables from the first screw terminal for heater supply to the second screw terminal or should i take that 6,3v for the 2nd tube from the tx?

Ok ..  im taking 6,3v unregulated directly from tx .. one pair for each tube .. then For B+ I’ll take two pairs for each motherboard ... as Bernbrue recommended on the first post .. I bought Haufe input and output transformers .. no idea how to connect them .. any help please? Thank you all

Hi my friends .. I’m planning to build my IVORY in a dual mono version with stereo pots .. anyone has any experience with this? Any advice?
Thanks a lot

Hi my friends .. here i am again .. two more doubts .. sorry for being questioning all the time .

1. About D10 on the PSU .. BOM says 1N5379 or equivalent .. any suggestions on this one?

2. I'm using 5v relays .. and in the BOM says i should adapt C17 and C19 not using 35v caps .. what should i place instead??

thanks a lot for your help

Hello !

Where can i buy a stereo panel, and pcb set;s for a stereo version, are they still in stock ???

thanx !

Back