Builder needed - UK

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autophase

Hi guys,
I've not visited for a while, so I hope you are all well and I wish you a merry xmas. The reason I've not been around here is because I have been bitten by the modular synth bug, and that has naturally extended into DIY modules, so this is taking up all of my spare time.
I currently have a nite EQ on the bench topic here: http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=19789.0
I have a stereo pair of board and PSU all stuffed except for the pots. I'm looking for someone who can finish the project off for me, including making up stepped pots so the EQ can be used as a stereo linked mastering EQ. Does anyone know of any reliable electronics builders in or around Manchester who would be able to complete the project from the notes on the forum topic, for a bit of cash?
It would be a shame to just let this sit on the bench for so long.
Thanks

I read your posting and while I am not exactly sure what it is that you wish to accomplish, I will let you know what it is that I do and let you decide from there, OK???

Besides my working in the Professional Audio industry as a "LIVE" recording engineer and producer, I also work with U.S. defense contractors, medical electronics firms, video electronics companies and others in consulting with them in "HOW" to design their new products. In that regards, I perform both the "electronics mechanical designs" -- AND -- the "Printed Circuit Board designs" together in what is called "Electronics Packaging". It seems to me that this is what you are needing to have done for yourself.

I would be able to mechanically design your 500-enclosure AND design all new PCB's for your product. Then, I could either send you all of the manufacturing data files -- OR -- I could have everything manufactured here in the U.S. and then sent to you as chassis and boards that you would assemble there in the UK. I don't know exactly how this all works, but doing things this way gets around both the U.S. and UK customs restrictions, as an actual "finished product" is not being shipped. Only parts!!!

If you wish.....you can reach me at:    midnight_blue_designs AT yah00 D0T c0m

for any further details and/or information.

The PCB that I saw when I clicked on the link within your posting looked rather "anemic" in its layout. I could easily redo the whole thing using current "surface-mount" technology and have the PCB's assembled using fast "Pick & Place" equipment. This would lower your overall production costs, as using "Thru-Hole" components is now a highly manual process which would take a lot of time to assemble each board. Time equals money and the price could skyrocket!!!

Best of luck!!!

Regards,

Jerry B. Williams
Senior Electronics Mechanical Packaging & PCB Designer
Midnight Blue Designs

Audio Engineer / Producer
Midnight Blue Studios

/

Attachments

• JBW-Designed_4U_Rack-Chassis-Project.pdf
    788.4 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts