Building Spectra Sonics 110A - need help.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndavis

Hey all,

I'm a pretty new DIYer and am working on building a Spectra Sonics 110A from scratch based on the schematic.  I have the circuit breadboarded and have been testing it to get it functioning before I put it on a PCB and chassis, etc.  However, the output is very distorted.  I have a 600:600 transformer on the output but none on the input (I plan on acquiring the appropriate input/output transformers when I get the circuit working).  As far as things within the circuit, the "bottom" transistor heats up excessively during testing.  I think the output of the input transistor is already distorted (in cutoff) and the final two output transistors are not receiving opposite voltages at their bases like I'm pretty sure they should be.  Not sure if all that information is relevant, but thought I would mention it.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to how to get the circuit working properly?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back