Cadac/Studer Quad Panpot

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magic

Does anyone out there have a spare Studer quad pan pot as used in 70's Cadac module G-261-B module.
The pot is 67mm deep below the front plate and 31mm square
I am based in London.
Help would be financially rewarded!
Many thanks
Malcolm

Attachments

• Quad pan pot side view.jpg
    Quad pan pot side view.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey Malcolm !

Did'n know that Studer -subcontract- this part for other manufacturer !?!

What is the issue with your ?
IIRC last time I open one, the four cube sides are substrate with printed tracks (conductive plastic ?) for the four attenuation elements, with internal mechanical, as guide rails and brush.
8 additional network 2k2 resistor are wired at the back of the box for buss feed
There is chance a repair is possible.

This is unobtainium as far I I know... designed for the very few quadrophonic 089/189 series desk by Studer in the 70'
The Studer ref is 1.089.100 -quadro pot-

I'm the happy owner of a 289 quadro desk (probably the only one), fitted with dual pot, one for LR (2 gang) one for FR (4 gang)
But initially loaded with two patchable routing modules whit this exact quatro joystick.
You can basically substitute the dual pot on two channels with this joystick to mix with the stick !

I was able to miraculously catch a NOS spare one some years ago, probably the only one popping up for decades.

Hope you'll find what you need !

Best
Zam

Attachments

• 189_Quadro_Pot.pdf
    728.5 KB · Views: 1
Hey Malcolm !

Did'n know that Studer -subcontract- this part for other manufacturer !?!

What is the issue with your ?
IIRC last time I open one, the four cube sides are substrate with printed tracks (conductive plastic ?) for the four attenuation elements, with internal mechanical, as guide rails and brush.
8 additional network 2k2 resistor are wired at the back of the box for buss feed
There is chance a repair is possible.

This is unobtainium as far I I know... designed for the very few quadrophonic 089/189 series desk by Studer in the 70'
The Studer ref is 1.089.100 -quadro pot-

I'm the happy owner of a 289 quadro desk (probably the only one), fitted with dual pot, one for LR (2 gang) one for FR (4 gang)
But initially loaded with two patchable routing modules whit this exact quatro joystick.
You can basically substitute the dual pot on two channels with this joystick to mix with the stick !

I was able to miraculously catch a NOS spare one some years ago, probably the only one popping up for decades.

Hope you'll find what you need !

Best
Zam
Thanks Zam,
The desk has 4 of these quad pots. One of them had been dissassembled at some time and 2 of the wipers are missing. This is my attempt to make one. It kinda works but not perfect

Attachments

• Quad Pan Pot - homemade wiper.jpeg
    Quad Pan Pot - homemade wiper.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I don't remember how is the original wiper system...Can you show us one ?
There is a chance regarding spacing that it's the same brush assembly as the x89 console faders.

Cheers
Zam

I don't remember how is the original wiper system...Can you show us one ?
There is a chance regarding spacing that it's the same brush assembly as the x89 console faders.

Cheers
Zam
Hi Zam,
Here are a couple of photos of the original wiper out of the quad pot. Is it the same as the X89 fader?
Regards
Malc

Attachments

• Original Quad wiper front view.jpeg
    Original Quad wiper front view.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Original quad wiper side view.jpeg
    Original quad wiper side view.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Who buy it ?
Not the OP as he still don't show up since a month...
Hope it's not a cynic fella around that don't need it and expect for a resale benefit...
Otherwise I blame myself for not PM the link prior to my last post if it has unfortunately over lighted the available part...

Back