Calrec 8 Channel Side Car Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarcastic Sound

So I have a client that has a Calrec 8 channel sidecar with PQ-10s. The console is working great, but he wants to have access to the stereo buss outputs and aux outputs.

The only place to get access to this would be the amphenol connector on the back of the desk, but I don't think that this sidecar has "master outs" with summing amps and such.

So basically I'm just seeing if anyone has worked on or seen one of these before? I've been on google for a solid hour and turned up very little on this.

If anyone can tell me anything, like the model #of the amphenol connector, pinouts for the amphenol, manuals for the sidecar, anything at all really I would appreciate it.

calrec-pq10s-8-channel-side-car-vintage_390257209568.jpg

media.nl.jpg

Picture%201.png

Don't know much about that board, but the Amphenol looks a lot like this one, this one is the male 6P only, but there is a PDF that maybe could help narrow the ref when looking back at yours, dimensions pins etc...

http://fr.farnell.com/amphenol-industrial/ms3102e14s-6p/connecteur-circulaire/dp/1704285

I think I have a few of these connectors, male and female. How many pins they have. If you need can take a look.

So I have a client that has a Calrec 8 channel sidecar with PQ-10s. The console is working great, but he wants to have access to the stereo buss outputs and aux outputs.

The only place to get access to this would be the amphenol connector on the back of the desk, but I don't think that this sidecar has "master outs" with summing amps and such.

So basically I'm just seeing if anyone has worked on or seen one of these before? I've been on google for a solid hour and turned up very little on this.

If anyone can tell me anything, like the model #of the amphenol connector, pinouts for the amphenol, manuals for the sidecar, anything at all really I would appreciate it.

calrec-pq10s-8-channel-side-car-vintage_390257209568.jpg

media.nl.jpg

Picture%201.png
Do you have the block diagram or schematic for this unit. I have several channels to rack and woudl like to know how the origianls were set up.

I did some work on one of these around 2O years ago.
They are not complicated so you simply have to work out the connections by seeing where the different wires go.

Back