Campaign Shock Troops

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scott2000 said:
Mind bender.... I'm certain I'm not understanding....

That's OK  :D  I'm probably not being very eloquent in expressing my thought. 

Certainly not worth spending more time on dude  8)

As I have already shared this right out Saul Alinsky's rules for radicals
rule #11 said:
"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside. Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog."

The federal government does not need to be invited to police federal crimes.

- Destroying federal property is an obvious crime (breaking in and setting fires for example).
-Crossing state lines to instigate violence
-Throwing explosive devices at police is title 18 federal crime.

There are many crimes that overlap local and federal jurisdiction (like arson, etc). The supremacy clause in the constitution states that local laws are subordinate to federal laws. If these states do not want federal authorities to come in, STOP BREAKING FEDERAL LAWS.... duh.
====
Try not to be manipulated by these old but still very effective strategies employed by the political left for decades. Alinsky who died in 1972 was a community organizer between 1939-1971 and was very popular with community activists in the 70s (I shouldn't have to name his high profile disciples). His strategies have been employed in local and national campaigns ever since.

JR

Which completely ignores the issue of  the folks who were *not* committing federal crimes that were given the baton treatment, or shot with a rubber bullet, and/or tear gassed by federal agents. 
Not to mention the "stop-and-search-meets-Guantanamo-bay"  goon squads driving around in rental SUV's

Collateral damage?

JohnRoberts said:
Try not to be manipulated by these old but still very effective strategies employed by the political left for decades. Alinsky who died in 1972 was a community organizer between 1939-1971 and was very popular with community activists in the 70s...
. Yada, yada, blah, blah...

I think you need to step away from the conservative talk radio channel or wherever it is you're getting reinforcement for this stuff,  you're starting to sound brainwashed!

Domestic terrorism is the way the feds can get around states rights and civil rights.  Once that is applied to a person(s),  you can be picked up and held without question.  Applying this to a group say Antifa or good old boys,  The feds have the right to pick you up and take you to Guantanamo without checking in with anyone.  These recent incidents in Portland are warnings to perceived leaders in the group.  Picking them out of the group and scaring them into abandoning there pursuits.  It’s a product of the patriot act and it an be used and misused . 

Winston O'Boogie said:
Which completely ignores the issue of  the folks who were *not* committing federal crimes that were given the baton treatment, or shot with a rubber bullet, and/or tear gassed by federal agents. 
Not to mention the "stop-and-search-meets-Guantanamo-bay"  goon squads driving around in rental SUV's
There is no shortage of left leaning lawyers to defend any improperly arrested. Use of too much force by police is under a microscope these days so unlikely to go unnoticed or unpunished.

As I have shared before, a million views of one incident is not the same as a million incidents.
Collateral damage?
The public seems to suffering the most collateral damage from these "peaceful"  ::) protestors.
. Yada, yada, blah, blah...
well said
I think you need to step away from the conservative talk radio channel or wherever it is you're getting reinforcement for this stuff,  you're starting to sound brainwashed!
Do you realize the irony of claiming that I must be brainwashed after I just described the strategy used to massively sway public opinion with deception  (arguably brainwashing them).

FWIW  I have never listened to talk radio on purpose, and music radio sucks pretty bad here in nowhere MS (my car has a CD player and I use it). I have no shortage of my own opinions formed over 7+ decades paying attention to the real world.

JR

Regarding the unclassified memo: "Job Aid: DHS Office of Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) Activities in Furtherance of Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, Statues, and Combatting Recent Criminal Violence"

This was said:

"To be sure, nothing in the memo authorizes the federal government to take any coercive action against protestors in Portland—or anywhere else, for that matter. But the animating premise of the memo is that the threat to monuments and statues is a homeland security threat warranting intelligence analysis and collection by federal officials. To us, that premise is in equal parts unpersuasive and alarming. It is unpersuasive because it should be obvious that vandalism and other damage to monuments, even federal monuments, does not threaten the security of the homeland to any greater extent than most property crimes. "

Here:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/dhs-authorizes-domestic-surveillance-protect-statues-and-monuments

There is no shortage of left leaning lawyers to defend any improperly arrested. Use of too much force by police is under a microscope these days so unlikely to go unnoticed or unpunished.

Actually,  John Yoo (hardly left leaning) was of the opinion, when pressed,  that there may not be any legal basis for some of the actions in Portland.
Regardless, It makes it particularly hard to prosecute an individual "law enforcer" when none of Trumpolini's new army have identification. 

But I guess we'll see.  I live in hope. 

As I have shared before, a million views of one incident is not the same as a million incidents. The public seems to suffering the most collateral damage from these "peaceful"  protesters::) 

And I say this:  Out of 100 agents or police officers, ,  if 5 are bad apples, but the other 95 don't out them. -  then we have 100 bad apples. 

Do you realize the irony of claiming that I must be brainwashed after I just described the strategy used to massively sway public opinion with deception  (arguably brainwashing them). 

I suppose when Trump goes on FOX and insists all  BLM protestors are "anarchists and agitators" it  might fall into that strategy in the playbook. 

I'm guessing the same guy wrote  2016 's 'all Mexicans are "rapists and murderers" ' slogan too but, same difference.  Except now it's US citizens. 

FWIW  I have never listened to talk radio on purpose, and music radio sucks pretty bad here in nowhere MS (my car has a CD player and I use it). I have no shortage of my own opinions formed over 7+ decades paying attention to the real world.

Well, I did say "or wherever it is you get reinforcement..."

I dunno, you seen pretty stuck in your opinions with a wilful blindness to a few things in the real world right now to me?  Which is no skin off my nose.  Your life.  And it is your country.  So, good luck to ya. 

living sounds said:
Trump is trying to re-start the culture war by performing martial law kabuki theater. Please don't fall for it.
We can debate who started this political kabuki theater but indeed this is the worst I have seen in my tender years (decades). I started paying more attention to government and elections after I got drafted by President Nixon. 

Sadly many are taking this political theater for real life.

I miss the good old days when we could ignore elections until just before time to vote, now it is a perpetual political scrum.

At least we have real elections (more or less) not the BS going on in Syria right now.

JR

what's scripture say about this.

if you see a cop murder a black dude and just sit on your couch, then you are no better than the cop.

so if you do not like the way people are protesting, and you are sitting there watching fox news and eating Pringles, then you really have no right to judge the protesters.

so what is the proper course of action?

get off the couch and set a good example of peaceful protest or zip  it.

the right to protest  is, has been, and will continue to be a vital instrument used by the people to right things that are wrong with this country.

We live in a democracy, not a banana republic..

For sure. Completely appreciate the examples, btw.  Of course it is the left's responsibility to hoist up this crate of bananas onto a better ship.  But the left's other hand, the 'fascist' right is largely responsible for maintaining  what has come before; they are the spring latch that keeps the cargo from being dropped into the sea.

Don't take much to see the value in owning a left and right brain hemisphere. Why people talk politics like it's cool to cut the corpus callosum and run around half-brained seems nutty to me.

I don't think you'd enjoy [me being your editor].
Eh, I'll be the first to admit I got blind spots.  You'd probably only improve my words/sight.

I find the unmarked Feds showing up as really bad. I haven't done too much protesting but if those guys show up in NY I'm going in. I'm going to drink a ton of water, eat a lot and take laxatives. Also have a hole in the crotch of my trousers.  I'd hope for detainment and evacuate myself as soon as I'm in a vehicle. That would be a barrel of laughs.

CJ said:
what's scripture say about this.

if you see a cop murder a black dude and just sit on your couch, then you are no better than the cop.
what does scripture say about seeing videos?
so if you do not like the way people are protesting, and you are sitting there watching fox news and eating Pringles, then you really have no right to judge the protesters.

so what is the proper course of action?

get off the couch and set a good example of peaceful protest or zip  it.
I bought a blue lives matter flag...

I hope nobody burns down my house because I am usually inside.

JR

Bret and Heather 32nd DarkHorse Podcast Livestream: What's Going on in Portland
this has a messed up start to the video .  go to 6:10 for the actual start. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIUkiObMGZY

for those that don't know he is a Biologist that sees a different take on this. They live in Portland

Really enjoy their explanation.    Very smart Center Left views.

Not a lot of info out there regarding this and I don't know much about the situation in Kansas myself, but US Attorney indicated that the 200 federal agents being sent there will be clearly identified as such. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/07/21/893936041/federal-agents-will-be-clearly-identified-in-kansas-city-u-s-attorney-says

the rumpster is gonna send 150 unmarked troops to Chi Town. Something tells me there is gonna be trouble.

rump is mistaking democracy for anarchy.  paranoid freak that he is.

this is just another mistake he has made lately, which is good. with the covid mis-management, the pardoning of roger rabbit, and now the Portland boondoggle we can see a landslide defeat taking form.

bummer. who are we gonna hate on for the next four years? it has been entertaining in a not so good way, but my mind is tired of this daily resentment. i can't wait to put up the sign>

"Mind Occupied-No Vacancy for rug headed mutants!"

CJ said:
the rumpster is gonna send 150 unmarked troops to Chi Town. Something tells me there is gonna be trouble.
The mayor of Chicago admitted the problem (25 people shot, 3 fatally on Monday alone) and welcomed the federal help.

She made all the politically correct caveats about the role of the federal help.

JR
rump is mistaking democracy for anarchy.  paranoid freak that he is.

this is just another mistake he has made lately, which is good. with the covid mis-management, the pardoning of roger rabbit, and now the Portland boondoggle we can see a landslide defeat taking form.

bummer. who are we gonna hate on for the next four years? it has been entertaining in a not so good way, but my mind is tired of this daily resentment. i can't wait to put up the sign>

"Mind Occupied-No Vacancy for rug headed mutants!"

If the theory behind sending in riot police to Chicago and "getting tough" will somehow solve the problem, I got news for you.

The Chicago police have been "getting tough" pretty much forever.  Back a couple-three decades they even got in trouble for torturing suspects, and they've still got their own sort-of black site where lawyers can't get in to see their clients.

Latest posts

Back