Campaign Shock Troops

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
living sounds said:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa

The number of folks protesting in Portland has been in the thousands the last few days.  We are supposed to believe that all these thousands of people are members of some underground terror organisation.   
We are also supposed to believe that this underground terror organisation has 'sacked' the city of Portland, that it is burning to the ground.    In reality the protests have been within a 3 block area of the city and the protestors have consisted of people from many walks of normal life. 

Antifa my arse. 

Here's one of the Portland "moms" who was  hit with a projectile fired by a fed:

Attachments

•  Portland Mom.jpg
    Portland Mom.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 11
scott2000 said:
I get the feeling that the major issues at hand might be diluted when focusing on some details, especially or maybe because of, the limited commentary.....

Policies affect many more lives including in relation to life or death imo.... Crime, abortions, etc... could be a couple examples of policies that may be a product of some movements....Maybe I'm not saying this correct.....

This seems Like after reading an important email and bringing it's attention to someone, trying to get feedback and advice on how to proceed when they say, "What time did the email come in?" or "What font did they use?"

That sounds like a total non-sequitor wrt to the link I posted. From the death toll alone it should be clear to anyone that right-wing extremism is a much more serious issue these days than left-wing extremism.

And now put this in relation to the reaction: Secret police and paramilitary troups are being sent by the president to cities to violate the constitutional rights of citizens by attacking peacefull demonstrators and arresting people without cause or warrant.

Then you read the dehumanizing ad-hoc-justifications, even in this thread.

What would the right-wing-supporters here have said if Obama had sent federal agents into towns to arrest and attack tea party protesters? And all with the obvious intent to start more violence, to be used as a political justification for more overreach?

It is sad and disgusting.

JohnRoberts said:
I love to hear you guys talking about the constitution...

I'm guessing you drank the Kool-Aid on the whole Atifa thing?

" Are you now or were you ever a member of the antifa party?"  ::)

Another woman, a history professor, also hit in the head by an impact munition shot by a fed.  Collateral damage or guilty by association?

Attachments

• Portland Professor.jpg
    Portland Professor.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 14
living sounds said:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa

Analysis of leaked law enforcement documents:

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/

notice the rump is sending troops to cities that don't support him, which is illegal btw,

and he is dishing Mr Lewis'  funeral,

and he wants to regulate social media in case people write bad stuff about him,

and he was playing golf as people are croaking across the US,

typical week for the rump.

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 14
Trump is sending troops into cities that have done nothing to help their citizens.  When locally law enforcement is told to stand down like in  Seattle and the autonomous zone, then the only option is the state and feds. When the state doesn’t do it, the feds will. It’s the job of government to keep us safe. Id you don’t want the feds to come down, then the locals need to handle it. There is reports from an ap reporter who was inside the  federal building in Portland. Those inside were pelted with bottles, rocks, fireworks and other things.  Then folks like herr professor decided to surround the people throwing shit and have the nerve to say they are being peaceful. She is collateral damage.  She was in the way. It’s going to happen when you do that.

pucho812 said:
Trump is sending troops into cities that have done nothing to help their citizens.  When locally law enforcement is told to stand down like in  Seattle and the autonomous zone, then the only option is the state and feds. When the state doesn’t do it, the feds will. It’s the job of government to keep us safe. Id you don’t want the feds to come down, then the locals need to handle it. There is reports from an ap reporter who was inside the  federal building in Portland. Those inside were pelted with bottles, rocks, fireworks and other things.  Then folks like herr professor decided to surround the people throwing sh*t and have the nerve to say they are being peaceful. She is collateral damage.  She was in the way. It’s going to happen when you do that.

There has been no casualties as a result of the protests besides protesters who have been attacked by police, feds, and right-wing activists such as the man that killed Garrett Foster in Austin, Texas the other day day as he pushed his quadaplegic fiancé in a wheel chair.

The Republican administration is having so much trouble finding any reverse brutality that they actually used a photo from Ukraine’s protests for democracy in their attack ad against Democrats. (I’m not a democrat. I’m a leftist. But facts are facts)

You can say anything you want, but it’s fairly easy to debunk any of your claims with actual evidence. This is people like you with opinions vs footage, documents, history, and science.

Didn’t you know opinions died in the age of the internet? With the advent of the internet millennials were taught media literacy in middle school.

When my friends and I got in fights about facts in high school, we’d pull out our phones on the spot and look for accredited sources to prove our point. You can’t get away with opinions anymore.

Although I admit, your way of life would be a hell of a lot easier. But don’t you have ethics?

pucho812 said:
Trump is sending troops into cities that have done nothing to help their citizens. 

This is demonstrably false.  More lies to support Trump's efforts to get some good video for his campaign ads.

There has been no casualties

You are right.  You are also wrong.  Ask around until both make sense.

Know I'm a broken record.  ::)  "To what degree is my worldview shaped by the media I consume?" The more honest the inquiry, the more silence / uncertainty in conviction.  This is good, because the less polarized the lense,  the more reflected light enters the eye.

Once we can risk rummaging around the minds of the perceived enemy, I mean really go deep instead of having news outlets give up the goods, we discover the "other" is going about the world, forming their polarizing worldview in EXACTLY the same way as we are, only trapped in a different narrative space on the internet.

Sorry, could you translate that(*) to the uninitiated?
Media outlets principally intrested in managing perception steals from their audience a desire to perceive independently.  Conversely, seeking out what is real within our own small worlds, and finding out what we have in common will those around us creates interest in a collective perception so to measure our experience against it.

Love that forgives or justice that accuses.  Scale each up and run them across time. Whichever side gets more activists determines the efficiency of our error-correcting mechanisms.

(*) It has become a self-terminating solution to map out a future based on a landscape of media that puts the management of perspective above shared truth.

ain't no more feds in Seattle, we kicked their azz out.

Philadelphia?  the DA said if they set foot in Philly then they were gona be arrested.
the gestapo never showed up.

Did you see that gal rip barr a new one?

if you want to live in a law and order police state then move to russia.

did you see rump say he was supposed to throw out the first pitch instead of Fauci?  losing his mind.  enjoy your rump time while you can.

hodad said:
This is demonstrably false.  More lies to support Trump's efforts to get some good video for his campaign ads.

Think again. look at Seattle which had the autonomous zone. how long did it last? how many murders, assaults, rapes, and extortions went on over there?  A lot.  The mayor did nothing.  The mayor had the police do nothing claiming the summer of love. It wasn't until they protested at her house that she finally decided to get rid of it. 3 murders, no biggie. Businesses extorted, no biggie. People assaulted and raped, no biggie. But walk to her house exercising their first amendment right to protest and address grievances at her house and all of a sudden it's an issue. 

Damn those antifa hooligans, subverting peaceful protests!  ;D ;D

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/umbrella-man-who-sparked-minneapolis-riots-identified-as-racist-biker-gang-member/

pucho812 said:
Think again. look at Seattle which had the autonomous zone. how long did it last? how many murders, assaults, rapes, and extortions went on over there?  A lot.  The mayor did nothing.  The mayor had the police do nothing claiming the summer of love. It wasn't until they protested at her house that she finally decided to get rid of it. 3 murders, no biggie. Businesses extorted, no biggie. People assaulted and raped, no biggie. But walk to her house exercising their first amendment right to protest and address grievances at her house and all of a sudden it's an issue.

Any credible sources for this? I don't think so.

FarisElek said:
There has been no casualties as a result of the protests besides protesters who have been attacked by police, feds, and right-wing activists such as the man that killed Garrett Foster in Austin, Texas the other day day as he pushed his quadaplegic fiancé in a wheel chair.
As the saying goes, you are entitled to your opinions but not your own facts.

Tens of police officers have been injured by rioters in multiple cities.
The Republican administration is having so much trouble finding any reverse brutality that they actually used a photo from Ukraine’s protests for democracy in their attack ad against Democrats. (I’m not a democrat. I’m a leftist. But facts are facts)

You can say anything you want, but it’s fairly easy to debunk any of your claims with actual evidence. This is people like you with opinions vs footage, documents, history, and science.

Didn’t you know opinions died in the age of the internet? With the advent of the internet millennials were taught media literacy in middle school.

When my friends and I got in fights about facts in high school, we’d pull out our phones on the spot and look for accredited sources to prove our point. You can’t get away with opinions anymore.

Although I admit, your way of life would be a hell of a lot easier. But don’t you have ethics?
Do you want me to list all the police, and private business owner casualties?  (I should not have too, and have better things to do with my time).

The shooting (killing) of retired police captain David Dorn is pretty high profile, does that count as a non-protester casualty?

If you can't find any casualties on your phone, maybe read a newspaper, but there is a lot of bias in new reportage these days.

JR

Tens of police officers have been injured by rioters in multiple cities.

An unprecedented number of police have been fired because of,  or charged with, using excessive or unnecessary force during the recent protests.   

There are, at last count, 12 civilians who have been blinded after being hit in the face with less lethal ammo.    Numerous others who
have broken bones , missing teeth, fractured skulls, brain damage...

P.S.  There are supposedly  secret talks underway with the governor of Oregon and federal officials to replace the fed paramilitary in Portland with state troopers.  If it happens, perhaps this allows both sides to save face. 

Edit:  Apparently there is now an agreement in place  that the guys dressed as trees will leave Portland by Thursday.

Marine Corps veteran, CJ Montano shot in the head with a rubber bullet.  Bleeding on the brain. 

Attachments

• Bleeding on Brain.png
    Bleeding on Brain.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back