Card edge connector measurement question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcharles00

I'm comparing prices for some card edge connectors, and I'm a bit unsure how to determine what I should be looking for.

As I understand it, the "pitch" is the distance, center to center of the pins on the card receptacle. I have a measurement for this of about 3.9mm which seems to be a common .156".

The card width seems to not be included in many listings of these kind of connectors. Is it relatively standard? The width of the card that will be going in this connector is between 1.5 and 1.6mm. One of the connectors I've found with the correct pitch gives 2mm as the card width... So I'm wondering what the maximum variance can be here. I know the pins on the connector are kind of springy... To rephrase that more succinctly, "is 2mm the greatest width card that will work, or is 2mm the least width that will work? or is that figure meant to be exact?"

Finally, I want to be sure I'm clear on pin count. I only need a single sided connector, 50 pins long. Will this be listed as a single sided, 50 position?

Any input would be appreciated!

Latest posts

Back