Cheap Microphone to mod on musicstore.de

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manulaudic

Hi all,

I bought this mic the other day from this website : www.musicstore.de and i have to say that for the price you can't really find any better in EU -> 49€ !!!
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/Fame-Fame-Studio-C05-Condenser-Microphone/art-REC0008047-000

The mic comes with shockmount and bag and even though it is marked "FAME" on it, it is not engraved and so it is easy to sand off and repaint :)
Here are some picture of the inside,

Hope some of you might find interest in building maybe U87 in it or so...

Cheers,
M

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    140.3 KB
In UK

http://www.dv247.com/microphones/fame-studio-c05-condenser-microphone--200810

By the looks of things, that may very well be near-identical to the MXL 2001 (transformer-coupled, no DC-DC converter for the capsule polarisation voltage).

Attachments

• mxl2001.jpg
    mxl2001.jpg
    149.1 KB
As Manulaudic says good for DIY Im wondering about capsule K67 I guess but 32mm or 34mm & any use with a de emphasis circuit like the U87

I can take closer picture to the capsule.

But stock the mic is pretty decent, main thing might be some resonnance in the grill..

But could be altered.. Damping maybe.

I am planning on turning mine to royer mod. Let see,

M

manulaudic said:
I can take closer picture to the capsule.

But stock the mic is pretty decent, main thing might be some resonnance in the grill..

But could be altered.. Damping maybe.

I am planning on turning mine to royer mod. Let see,

M

Hey cool great thats good new  is capsule 32 or 34mm .... I think I read the 34mm works better with royer circuit capsule may sound a little harsh on high end..... & I guess the transformer maybe a lower ratio one may not be great for Royer....Im no expert tho...

So the capsule is 32mm..
It's pretty dusty in there and the headbasket is held by to screws...

Here is a pic of the back of the capsule :

Attachments

• IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    171.9 KB
Thanks for pics & info Manulaudic looking forward to seeing your new mic to be .....

I read somewhere here about dust attracting and jumping on to the diaphram as it is charged person (might be Tim Cambel) went on to say better to reverse polarity of capsule & swap transformer output wire...... interesting , Anyway a new mic wouldnt have been powered up for long I guess.

Back