How Microphones Work in deapth?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxim Didur

How does the Microphone work in depth (Condenser and Dynamic), I mean the path of sound from the source through all the components of the microphone and also the components of the circuitry? (For an example of the model of the reviewed microphone and can take the design and components of circuitry Neumann U87 as condensser and sm58 as dynamic mic)Are there any details in circuity is not important so they might be missed in some microphones (depends on model), and what are essential that find in every microphone?(In the Internet found only the basic principle of microphone without details, so I decided to ask the experts).

How does the Microphone work in depth (Condenser and Dynamic), I mean the path of sound from the source through all the components of the microphone and also the components of the circuitry? (For an example of the model of the reviewed microphone and can take the design and components of circuitry Neumann U87 as condensser and sm58 as dynamic mic)Are there any details in circuity is not important so they might be missed in some microphones (depends on model), and what are essential that find in every microphone?(In the Internet found only the basic principle of microphone without details, so I decided to ask the experts).

This is not really a question that can be answered effectively on a web forum.
A book titled Eargle's The Microphone Book is a good start.
An associate membership at The Audio Engineering Society gets you access to decades of papers, many written on various aspects of microphone operation and design.
This web site contains copies of historical BBC monographs, several regarding microphones: BBC Monographcs at Radio History
You can find some good introductory reading at manufacturer web sites such as DPA Microphones and Shure

Back