• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CLOSED: EQN, API525, MixBuzz500, IJ 4Kcc, 11U 51x Rack and PSU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jplebre

Hi everyone!
Due to new ways of working, and the demand to adapt to new workflows, I'm reluctantly having to come to grips with that analogue equipment might have no place in my studio anymore. So I'm testing the waters for interest for these things:

All prices plus shipping (or we can meet up if you are close to London)

£1200 - Igor's 33609C Clone, with Carnhill transformers, Tat Purusha's case, full version
£1000 - D-LA2A on a 2U rack designed by me and manufactured by the awesome Frank Rollen. This is heavy, massive and just amazing. Never wired the VU LEDs. ELCOR transformers

£600 ea - 4x LazPro API525C compressors, with variable attack (Jeff's trafo and knobs, UREI input section, I sourced actual VCR2Ns for this)
£650 ea - 2x LazPro EQN (1073EQ with 1084 frequencies)
£300 ea - 4x Igor's 4k Channel Compressor (with the THAT balanced I/O, and the AD536AJD - not the THAT variant)
£500 - 1x Igor's Mixbuzz compressor with the THAT I/O, and fully loaded THAT VCA
£500 - 11U 51x Rack and PSU (Total Audio Control, enough for probably 2 full racks) - which I will only sell if I sell a significant amount of 500 modules

I'm based in London, UK

I'm happy to entertain offers if people are batch buying :)

J

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpeg
    IMG_0607.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Wow, did not expect such a response!
Ok it's taking me a while crunching the numbers for these things (digging through invoices, etc.). Since there was overwhelming interest for the D-LA2A I've updated that price first. Some interesting stuff about that build:
- Edcor XSM transformers
- T4B was made out of parts Frank managed to source, including a old military NOS EL panel and matched Silonex NSL5910
- S6AQ5 are RCA NOS, 12AX7A are TAD Premium
- Sifam AL29WF meters
- Case and back panel was engraved by Frank Rollen

I'm going to go above cost alone, because of the overwhelming interest for the unit.

Hey guys, I'm absolutely overwhelmed by my full inbox.
I'm currently emailing the first few people for each gear.

Added the price for the 33609, a few highlights:
- BC184,BC214,AA144, Igor matched the Zener diodes
- HB meters
- Polystirene caps where applicable
- All Carnhill trafos
- Elma 04-133-20 rotary switches

There's some scratches on the faceplate and the top of the unit from being racked, I'll take some pictures. But I basically didn't count everything (I left out at least 2 mouser orders).

The next prices will be MixBuzz, EQN, 525c

MixBuzz - £500+Shipping
A bit above parts cost, but in the middle of previous MixBuzzes being sold on here.

It's a fully functional, fully loaded MixBuzz (
- both modes,
- sidechain filters,
- THAT I/O,
- 4x THAT on each VCA)
- Bourns pots, CK switches
- WIMA caps where applicable and metal film resistors everywhere
- Frank Rollen did the faceplate for this and his job is top-notch IMO.

Just added the prices to the EQs. This business of looking through emails 10+ years ago takes a while :D
I'll reply to the first people who messaged me about it :)

Added the prices for the 525c (plus shipping)
If you buy all 4 I'll make a great discount :)

Notes on the 525:
- These have the Ed Anderson transformers, and the UREI line driver
- Mostly WIMA where applicable, and always metal film resistors
- 2 units do not have the stereo switch installed (just because I used these for toms or acoustic guitars so didn't go through the trouble).
- VCR2N!!!
- I've painstakingly matched the HFe on the BC184s. I still have those images burned in my head!

Added the prices for the 51x Rack and Power Supply (1u version, 11 slots, 51x compatible, enough juice for 2 racks).
Unfortunately, because there's a Fredenstein or whatever it's called 500 series rack I don't feel like I can charge the component cost for this build 😠 In parts alone this was around £600 so get it for £500 plus shipping :)

Added the prices for the SSL 4K Channel Compressors. I'll do a little discount if you buy in bulk (I have 4!!!!)
Some highlights:
- Frank Rollen's awesome front panels
- AD536AJD like in the actual channel strips, not the THAT variant
- I/0 driven by THAT chips.
- hard-bypass

Latest posts

Back