Cost effective European bare PCB manufacture

Help Support GroupDIY:

Brian Roth

What about the USA? All I do anymore are tiny projects and use OshPark. Not all that fast (a few weeks) but has great tech support AND I'm not in a hurry. AFAIK they do fab here in the USA vs. farming it out to China.

NOTHING AGAINST OshPark here!

JohnRoberts

Staff member
It would be impractical to order PCB for use in the UK from US.... Regarding inexpensive PCBs, that horse has already left the barn and swum to China. Paying more to buy PCBs from some non-Chinese manufacturer may make one feel better but is not punishing China with any significance. A more effective strategy would be to support local businesses that still have a chance of surviving the economic onslaught.

JR

PS: I agree whole heartedly with the sentiment, as I shared earlier I tried to buy a batch of PCBs from a Canadian vendor years ago that arrived from China.

Winston OBoogie

I'm about to order minimum qty. of a pcb as an add-on fix to another person's main layout. I'll give the job to Aisler so, thanks for the recommendation chaps.

ruffrecords

What about the USA? All I do anymore are tiny projects and use OshPark. Not all that fast (a few weeks) but has great tech support AND I'm not in a hurry. AFAIK they do fab here in the USA vs. farming it out to China.

NOTHING AGAINST OshPark here!
I have nothing against them either. I have used them for a small board once, but their pricing is high; $5 per square inch for three boards. I just got three double Eurocard sized boards (233.4mm by 160mm) made by Aisler for 53 Euros. The board is 57 square inches which would have cost $285 from OSH.

Cheers

Ian

Banzai

White Market Member
Been very happy with quality of eurocircuits.com
Made in Hungary.

Also tried european-circuits.co.uk
Made in Glasgow.

Great quality, but they charge for tooling. They offer assembly and production though:

Heikki

Yesterday I logged in to jlcpcb to do some price comparison between Aisler and jlcpcb. At some point I was no longer logged in to my account at jlcpcb but in some Italian guys account. I don't know how or why it happened but it could be bug that somebody might exploit. Not a big deal for hobbyists if somebody gets into your account and reorders some of your past projects for himself but could be problem for any commercial enterprises using jlcpcb. Just a word of warning.

Latest posts