COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something with bipartisan support!  ;D

https://twitter.com/JohnKerry/status/1243552337429438464?s=20

living sounds said:
Kid in LA died of the virus because he didn't have health insurance:

https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of-covid-19-was-denied-treatment-because-1842520539

just a second there chief. I live in L.A. county.  Here is what was said locally. For starters as tragic as it is that someone died, there is no proof it was from coronavirus. There is proof he had a cardiac arrest while in an ambulance on his way to the ER. The urgent care facility was not equipped to handle such a case, they rarely are. So in turn, urgent care arranged the ambulance and trip to the ER. as mentioned he had a cardiac arrest while on way to the ER, the medical professionals managed to get his heart working again but he died  hours later in the ER.  In typical fashion around here those in charge opened their mouth without having all the details, they will do a backpedal quite soon.  There is no proof it was covid related, yet. People misspoke about the situation. It makes for a good headline but may not be the accurate one.

Fully suited in gloves and mask, I walked to the liquor store. I felt like the only one taking precaution from what I could see. I then jumped in one of my cars and took a quick circle, crowded basket ball courts etc. Not many taking it seriously (yet) in da hood mang! So I'm back in the basement got Cubase circulation something nice that I composed last night while at the far end I'm finalizing a passive summing box and testing two types of discrete opamps for the gain make up preamps.  I want to see if I can create something that can surpass my mixes in the box! Stay save peeps.

Whoops said:
Very Objective!
I didnt present it as a fact. It’s an opinion. I don’t have any doubt that there’s no better healthcare system in the world. If you disagree, that’s fine. Youre welcome to your own opinion.

Bret Winestein has a YouTube video with wife, ( Both are PHD biologists)about how to protect your shelf with simple things like a bandanna and safety glasses to cover the sides of you eyes and when going out using this with fabric gloves ,  get food , come home , shed your clothes, wash them and take a shower.  Kind of low tech but more effective than doing nothing and well thought out IMO.

When in need, simplify.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Local officials are debating whether to allow a cruise ship with sick passengers to dock in Fort Lauderdale.

Bret Winestein has a YouTube video with wife, ( Both are PHD biologists)about how to protect your shelf with simple things like a bandanna and safety glasses to cover the sides of you eyes and when going out using this with fabric gloves ,  get food , come home , shed your clothes, wash them and take a shower.  Kind of low tech but more effective than doing nothing and well thought out IMO.

When in need, simplify.

I listened to it last night. Very interesting information on a variety of things ......hearing about when his wife and 15 YO son came down with what they ,at the time,  thought was the flu sounds like there's something out there that's pretty brutal regardless ...

...Here's the link in case anyone wants to check it out.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym-WGOq96G0

dogears said:
Whatever dude, you're welcome to your opinions but not your own facts.  I prefer to deal in things that are objective.

dogears said:
I didnt present it as a fact. It’s an opinion. I don’t have any doubt that there’s no better healthcare system in the world. If you disagree, that’s fine. Youre welcome to your own opinion.

It's important at least that you were honest and admitted that although you try to lecture others in being objective, you base your opinions purely on wishful thinking and not in Facts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/msnbc/status/1242825085255323648

Mississippi governor has told businesses to ignore stay at home orders. You can't make this stuff up. I am not a fan of the Republican party or religion for that matter. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to sit back and watch each group(having considerable crossover) be so detrimental to themselves. Unfortunately all will suffer, but the child must touch the stove to realize it is actually hot. Please pack the churches on Easter. PLEASE. Illogical decisions trump political discussions. Pun intended. Easter 2020.

I realize that my sarcasm is sick at best, but what is it going to take to make people "see the light"? The entire state of Mississippi should be appalled. Maybe they will be once the bodies start piling up. Pretty sure that state doesn't have the health care infrastructure to deal with a surge. The only thing it's got going for is large swathes of rural area which naturally assist in social distancing. Republican bravery is contagious. Pun intended again. It wouldn't be a political discussion if the idiocy were equally distributed throughout society... but it just isn't. Thoughts and prayers...

So what’s going on with more testing?  That’s fallen out of all the news outlets across the board (I read several across the political and geographic spectrum). It’s a national disgrace. If I understand correctly (please correct me if mistaken), WHO had a test produced in Germany that worked, but our gov’t said no to that.  We had CDC produce a test that didn’t work a great deal of the time. And couldn’t produce enough, and still can’t turn them around under a week. Why did we say no to the German test? Why not do both? The argument “because the CDC is more badass” holds no water. Honestly I am having trouble with their credibility at this juncture.

The only people that can currently get tested in Texas are people that are sick enough to require hospitalization. Read an article this morning on the local news of a lady tested a week ago that still doesn’t have her results. We’re not going back to work until there is widespread testing for both positives and antibodies.  We’re the richest most technologically advanced country on Earth and we still don’t have anything NEAR adequate testing? And no timeline for when we will? There’s a company right here in Austin (Everywell) producing test at home kits.  At least you collect the sample at home and send if off.  But our delightful FDA came after them. And this was also just announced https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/27/a-new-fda-authorized-covid-19-test-doesnt-need-a-lab-and-can-produce-results-in-just-5-minutes/ Widespread testing along with contact tracking is the key difference between the China and South Korea and US responses.

The upside of social distancing is we’re limiting reinfection and trying to not overwhelm healthcare resources. The downside is we’re forgoing developing  herd immunity - you don’t get something for nothing. I completely agree with the radical distancing. But without massive testing it’s not nearly as effective as it could be.

I didn’t vote for Trump, but I’m glad he invoked the Defense thing to force GM to produce ventilations. Especially after we bailed those SOB’s out in 2008.

iturnknobs said:
Just think of all the good Mississippi's governor could have done for Italy had he been in charge there...
Thanks for being so worried about us....

from press conf thurs said:
Reeves started Thursday’s press conference by asking Dobbs to explain the state’s new and evolving coronavirus strategy.

#“A couple of places really shine,” Dobbs said, naming South Korea and Singapore as particular exemplars in the global fight against COVID-19. South Korea is an unsurprising choice for emulation: early in the virus’ spread, its proximity to China made it one of the original hotspots for the transmission of the virus. Now the nation of 51 million has seemingly contained the novel coronavirus outbreak. After reporting a peak of 909 new cases as of Feb. 29, the country has now declined to a trickle of cases per day.
https://www.jacksonfreepress.com/news/2020/mar/27/msdh-announces-south-korea-strategy-governor-clari/
In my tiny central MS town, the town clerk has locked the door so we have to use the drop box to pay bills. My local medical clinic is locked up and only teleconferencing with patients. Post office is open, but postmaster wearing gloves, and cleaning the door handle multiple times a day.

If you want to be critical of red necks doing something risky, how about new orleans holding mardi gras this year?  but I am not a big fan of whataboutism....

I just checked again and my county (newton) still only has one confirmed case with zero deaths.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,0,420.html

Closest testing sites (2) to me are in city in the next county, but they require symptoms, before testing.

JR

AusTex64 said:
So what’s going on with more testing?  That’s fallen out of all the news outlets across the board (I read several across the political and geographic spectrum). It’s a national disgrace. If I understand correctly (please correct me if mistaken), WHO had a test produced in Germany that worked, but our gov’t said no to that.  We had CDC produce a test that didn’t work a great deal of the time. And couldn’t produce enough, and still can’t turn them around under a week. Why did we say no to the German test? Why not do both? I think the argument “because the CDC is more badass” holds no water. Honestly I am having trouble with their credibility at this juncture.

The only people that can currently get tested in Texas are people that are sick enough to require hospitalization. Read an article this morning on the local news of a lady tested a week ago that still doesn’t have her results. We’re not going back to work until there is widespread testing for both positives and antibodies.  JC, we’re the richest most technologically advanced country on Earth as we still don’t have anything NEAR adequate testing?

I didn’t vote for Trump, but I’m glad he invoked the Defense thing to force GM to produce ventilations. Especially after we bailed those SOB’s out in 2008.
I am still hearing rumors of fast self testing options... these are probably simpler than cold fusion so could happen in my lifetime.

I assume you have search capability too...

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/03/28/FDA-fast-tracks-15-minute-COVID-19-test/5971585398702/
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/28/21197944/coronavirus-test-fast-doctors-office-abbott-fda
two links about new abbott test

Reportedly US is doing something like 100k tests a day, but quickly ramping up capacity. We need more and different tests to clear people to move freely about the cabin...

JR

Whoops said:
It's important at least that you were honest and admitted that although you try to lecture others in being objective, you base your opinions purely on wishful thinking and not in Facts.
What facts are available for this that we can debate?

How bout this one? Ranked first in the world for pandemic preparedness?

https://www.ghsindex.org/country/united-states/

JohnRoberts said:
Thanks for being so worried about us....

It sounds like some people in your state are doing the right thing. If you feel that your governor is not being wise, write and call his office. Tell him to be pro-life, as advertised, not pro-cash. If there's reason to be worried, change can be brought about through voting. I am hoping that major positive change comes from this pandemic.

JohnRoberts said:
If you want to be critical of red necks doing something risky, how about new orleans holding mardi gras this year?  but I am not a big fan of whataboutism....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-new-orleans-mardi-gras/2020/03/26/8c8e23c8-6fbb-11ea-b148-e4ce3fbd85b5_story.html%3foutputType=amp

I must admit that I also did not take this situation seriously enough in late February, but I didn't have top advisors to ignore because I was "concerned about my numbers".  While people may not have listened, the current administration definitely suppressed the seriousness of the situation, even up to just a week ago. Shame.

The US now leads the world with 100k confirmed cases and no sign of slowing down.  Will be up to a million in a week or two.

The government,  at multiple levels,  has done a terrible job handling the situation.

iturnknobs said:
It sounds like some people in your state are doing the right thing. If you feel that your governor is not being wise, write and call his office. Tell him to be pro-life, as advertised, not pro-cash. If there's reason to be worried, change can be brought about through voting. I am hoping that major positive change comes from this pandemic.
I am not a fan of your state government, but not my job mon..(I don't vote there). I have been pretty critical of Chicago governance WRT all the street violence, in the past, but there are bigger fish to fry these days, and other cities doing even worse.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-new-orleans-mardi-gras/2020/03/26/8c8e23c8-6fbb-11ea-b148-e4ce3fbd85b5_story.html%3foutputType=amp
typical political response... they were a train wreck during Katrina, but still remember how to blame the feds.
I must admit that I also did not take this situation seriously enough in late February, but I didn't have top advisors to ignore because I was "concerned about my numbers".  While people may not have listened, the current administration definitely suppressed the seriousness of the situation, even up to just a week ago. Shame.
Opinions vary.... The press conferences appear pretty concerned but I can not read anybody's mind... I am not all that clear about what I think , but I am not going to waste my governor's time, I suspect he is pretty busy.

JR

Wife and I got the letter this morning from the NHS placing us both in the extremely vulnerable category. This means we are effectively confined to barracks for the next 12 weeks. All routine medical appointments will be by phone, drugs will be delivered as will food. At least we have a very nice garden.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Wife and I got the letter this morning from the NHS placing us both in the extremely vulnerable category. This means we are effectively confined to barracks for the next 12 weeks. All routine medical appointments will be by phone, drugs will be delivered as will food. At least we have a very nice garden.

Cheers

Ian

be safe  and be well IAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back