COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazydoc said:
It wasn't that bad (in my memory) - we crawled through it, and it was sort of a welcome relief from the snow and cold at Fort Lewis January 1969.
It was not snowing at Ft Dix in April 1970.. I recall it being cold at dark o'clock in the morning, then sweltering hot in the afternoon heat.  My brother (RIP) was stationed at Ft Lewis in the mid 60s and he complained about the rain.

I can't imagine breathing CS being welcome relief from anything. My recollection is that it was not completely debilitating but suitably unpleasant to motivate you to leave the area.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
  My brother (RIP) was stationed at Ft Lewis in the mid 60s and he complained about the rain.
JR

They told us "it doesn't snow here" when I arrived mid January.

From WSU - of course this is eastern Washington, but I guess some spilled over.

https://lindstation.wsu.edu/lind-dryland-research-station-precipitation/lind-dryland-research-station-weather-data/weather-records/

Most Consecutive Days of Snow on the Ground

76 days – December 6, 2016-February 19, 2017
    70 days – December 12, 1984-Februrary 23, 1985
    70 days – November 15, 1985-January 23, 1986
    69 days – December 5, 1948-Februrary 11, 1949
    63 days – December 30, 1968-March 2, 1969
    61 days – December 24, 1936-February 22, 1937
    61 days – December 5, 2000-February 3, 2001
    60 days – November 15, 1930-January 13, 1931
    60 days – January 3, 1950-March 3, 1950
    57 days – December 9, 1951-February 3, 1952

living sounds said:
https://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/a-stupidity-pandemic/?fbclid=IwAR3LxukI_TYcWKGwb6YXOjf6U26cN3UvsdUBR6LkLHmLcrMAsKWvmxB6UZc

From the link:  Trump famously tweeted, ““HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.”

From my email from the Medical Board of California:

Statement Regarding Improper Prescribing of Medications Related to Treatment for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is aware of recent news and social media reports of prescribers wrongfully hoarding and prescribing for themselves and family members certain medications referenced in the media relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

Several states have recently issued emergency restrictions on how the drugs can be dispensed. Many require that medications be prescribed and dispensed only to patients with a legitimate and current medical condition Further, the FDA recently issued an Emergency Use Authorization to allow for the use of hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate products donated by the Strategic National Stockpile for certain hospitalized patients with COVID-19.

DCA, the Medical Board of California, and the California State Board of Pharmacy remind health care professionals that inappropriately prescribing or dispensing medications constitutes unprofessional conduct in California. Prescribers and pharmacists are obligated to follow the law, standard of care, and professional codes of ethics in serving their patients and public health.

From my email from the Medical Board of California:

Statement Regarding Improper Prescribing of Medications Related to Treatment for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is aware of recent news and social media reports of prescribers wrongfully hoarding and prescribing for themselves and family members certain medications referenced in the media relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

Several states have recently issued emergency restrictions on how the drugs can be dispensed. Many require that medications be prescribed and dispensed only to patients with a legitimate and current medical condition Further, the FDA recently issued an Emergency Use Authorization to allow for the use of hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate products donated by the Strategic National Stockpile for certain hospitalized patients with COVID-19.

.... the medical field's toilet paper???

lukas said:
...maybe someone saw this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qwiyxedC_o

It's interesting what this guy has to say...however, he does not explain why IR's all over the world are getting flooded with patients needing ventilators for sometimes 4 weeks in a row. It's not like this is happening every year like he's suggesting...

It's interesting what this guy has to say...however, he does not explain why IR's all over the world are getting flooded with patients needing ventilators for sometimes 4 weeks in a row. It's not like this is happening every year like he's suggesting...

I thought the same thing. But I don't know what the statistics are of ventilator use during normal seasons. I'm sure it's a lot ,though  I can't see it being similar/close..... Idk....

This has just become all too real for my family. It was bad enough hearing three weeks ago that one of my wife's sisters had passed away from liver failure. What made it worse was we could not attend the funeral or even send flowers. All we could do was send a card.

As if that was not bad enough, this morning we heard that another of my wife's sisters had a fall a week ago and was taken to hospital. There she was tested for Corona virus and found to be positive. She rapidly deteriorated, her breathing became very difficult and she passed away this morning. Needless to say my wife and her brother (who lives quite near us) are devastated.

Ian

And now stranger news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/03/coronavirus-limits-walmart-counting-number-shoppers/2944542001/

Bri

Brian Roth said:
And now stranger news:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/03/coronavirus-limits-walmart-counting-number-shoppers/2944542001/

Bri

Can't be a bad idea. Even in rural areas, this is the one place that most people go. This in turn erodes the benefits of social distancing provided by sparse population density. My wife is somewhat anxious given these strange times. She about had a meltdown in the grocery store because of the impossibility of social distancing(and some other customers noticed :eek:). Maybe she's onto something.

Although I originally came from a pretty large metro (Okla City...now over 1 million residents in the area), I settled down into serious "fly over country"  in a city of approx. 50K surrounded by a few very smaller towns.  Hence, Salina is a regional commerce hub.

We have a giant Walmart, three Dillions stores (a Kroger brand), an Aldi store and the small Save-A-Lot.  For this discussion I'm skipping over the Walgreens, CVS, Target and dollar stores which stock some/minimal food inventory.

After 2+ weeks, toilet paper, paper towels and Kleenex is still gone.  I lucked out twice the past week and found 3 or 5 pound "chubs" of hamburger at Dillions to make tacos or whatever (NOT a gourmet chef here...I'm a  66 year old widower  LOL).  In those two situations I felt LUCKY because I got the last two "chubs"  Fresh meat of any sort is scarce unless you want one of the few T-bones.  Canned goods are spotty, but I have a stash including a bunch of canned tuna.

And Salina is at the intersection of I-135 and I-70 as well as a regional junction of east-west railroads.  So it's not like we're in the middle of nowhere (although USA readers on the left and right coasts will laugh at me).

Whatever.  I've lived through crazy stuff in my decades, but this one takes the cake as I see empty shelves while seeing more folks wearing face masks while shopping and purchasing three shopping carts of merchandise.

I have zero interest in blaming "that" country or "that "politician at this point.....doesn't matter if the stores run out of supplies and perhaps anarchy takes over.

I'm a laid back person but know some close local friends who have pledged to help defend my house if all hell breaks out.

I still try to be cautiously optimistic.

Stay safe, amigos.

Bri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back