COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnRoberts said:
I watched an outdoor press conference today where the audience were all spaced and wearing masks, but a fly landed on three of their faces in row as each touched their face to brush the fly away... tofly away to land on the next face.... 

JR
Yes, that reminds me we can't ignore the fecal spread of the virus.
Flushing Toilet with Lid up Could Spread COVID-19, Study Suggests (Newsweek.) And they suggest washing your hands after you flush.  ;D

I thinks this link is available to the public:

Cases Are Up, Mask Use Is Down -- Let's Reverse That
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/932245

scott2000 said:
+1

Keep it vague so it doesn't get criticized or censored from some sites....
;D
Healthy diet, yeah, just like anything else, that's cultural.

In Japan, they praise natto, which too is rich in probiotic bacteria and vitamin K(?) like cheese. Well, natto is a challenge also for some Japanese. Personally I prefer cheese.

So what's healthy? Well, now that's individual. But it should be safe to say that having chocolate bars with coffee for breakfast, a full burger menue with coke for lunch and crisps or popcorn with beer for dinner every day, is running out of healthy rather sooner than later. Although, of course, it also depends on what we'd eat inbetween those main meals  ;)

In Japan, interestingly maybe, many people, especially men, appear to consider it healthy to not eat anything at all once in a while during an entire day...

Yes, there is now a lot of science behind fasting, even regular short term (interval fasting). It makes sense from an evolutionary perspective, our ancestors didn't have food availible 24/7 but often had to get up and hunt/gather first.

Interview with Michael Osterholm
Didn't read all of it. But here's the 'news' that stuck with me. It should be called what it has always implied:
physical distancing and not social distancing

Script said:
;D
Healthy diet, yeah, just like anything else, that's cultural.

In Japan, they praise natto, which too is rich in probiotic bacteria and vitamin K(?) like cheese. Well, natto is a challenge also for some Japanese. Personally I prefer cheese.

So what's healthy? Well, now that's individual. But it should be safe to say that having chocolate bars with coffee for breakfast, a full burger menue with coke for lunch and crisps or popcorn with beer for dinner every day, is running out of healthy rather sooner than later. Although, of course, it also depends on what we'd eat inbetween those main meals  ;)

In Japan, interestingly maybe, many people, especially men, appear to consider it healthy to not eat anything at all once in a while during an entire day...
Vitamin D, Zinc,  Vitamin C,  are known immune system supporting vitamins/minerals.

Moderate fasting is supportive of general health, and overeating related syndromes are indicated as COVID risk factors.

JR 

Apparently singing loudly in a closely spaced church choir is an ideal opportunity for super-spreading droplets and aerosols. I read at least one anecdotal report when almost an entire choir, including numerous at risk aged singers, was infected by one practice session.
---
Loud music in a bar will likely lead to talking louder than normal, and closer spacing than safe around attractive possible partners (why people go to bars with loud music).
----
A campaign event with closely spaced people yelling and cheering seems likewise another super spreading opportunity.

Not a problem for me since I avoided crowds long before this pandemic, just saying.

JR

Not to forget densely packed commuter trains with everyone shouting into their phones.

Notes on common sense in Japan:
- Speaking on the phone in trains and buses is forbidden. You can't get fined if you do, but 99.99 percent comply..

- When carrying the flu, people wear face masks on trains, in offices, in stores and even when outdoors.

(Being loud and spreading germs are considered impolite, or worse, being of low upbringing)

Script said:
Not to forget densely packed commuter trains with everyone shouting into their phones.

Notes on common sense in Japan:
- Speaking on the phone in trains and buses is forbidden. You can't get fined if you do, but 99.99 percent comply..

- When carrying the flu, people wear face masks on trains, in offices, in stores and even when outdoors.

(Being loud and spreading germs are considered impolite, or worse, being of low upbringing)
Common sense isn't all that common, but a high enough risk will inspire people to think at least some about managing it.

Today I asked my neighbor about his church experience last sunday.

1- no singing by congregation members for obvious reasons.

2- families were allowed to sit together but unrelated church members were spaced apart appropriately.

3- the church choir (of course there was a choir) only contained 4 people and they were placed up on a balcony behind the congregation while each choir members was safely spaced apart from the others.

JR

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/06/18/880583357/california-gov-newsom-makes-face-masks-mandatory-amid-rising-coronavirus-cases

Common sense now and backed by science, but certainly will soon be political.

crazydoc said:
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/06/18/880583357/california-gov-newsom-makes-face-masks-mandatory-amid-rising-coronavirus-cases

i should remind you, when first coronavirus arrived to US, most doctors and health officials and so called science were against wearing face mask, doing lots of bla bla on TV channels!
it was Common sense to use face mask from the day one... why is it a Common sense  now ?

CA governor didnt do anything for homeless for years, except yup yup! now coronavirus started to hurt rich people through poor/homeless people!he is desperate to do something .. posing around we r doing that and that to homeless.... we was he last years!

when first coronavirus arrived...
...there simply weren't enough masks available anywhere around the globe, so it was decided to advise against wearing masks, in order to prevent serious shortage in medical infrastructure (production should have caught up by now)

...quite a number of people, despite unsettling news from China (all lies anyway or just propaganda -- or maybe not), decided this was just another flu

...the very notion of wearing face covering  where physical distancing does not work was anathema to many (and to some it still is)

There was / is  and there should be nothing political about this.

crazydoc said:

for some people everything is political...apparently. (I set up a separate thread for that).
-----
I questioned that early healthcare advice about wearing serious particulate masks may have been watered down because they were (still are?) in short supply. Mandating wide use could cause public fear and chaos. I just checked and Amazon still is not showing n95 masks for sale to consumers. . 

JR

it was Common sense to use face mask from the day one... why is it a Common sense  now ?
Mistakes and experience teach in the school of hard knocks; some people learn, some don't.
No one's talking about medical masks - just face coverings to catch those boogers, spit and phlegm drops that we're spewing out when we breathe, cough, sneeze, shout and sing.

crazydoc said:
Mistakes and experience teach in the school of hard knocks; some people learn, some don't.
No one's talking about medical masks - just face coverings to catch those boogers, spit and phlegm drops that we're spewing out when we breathe, cough, sneeze, shout and sing.
Aerosols are also suspected in transmission. Electrostatically charged n95 masks apparently help trap them. Singing and speaking loudly reportedly generates aerosols.

Don't sing in crowds or yell at people in public (or private)... good advice for life, without covid.

Again spit masks are better than nothing, and also widely available now (even DIY friendly), so safe to recommend without causing public panic over supply.

JR

Fauci has now admitted that we were lied to early on about masks.  This is rather concerning as it undermines public confidence in what officials say further preventing an effective response. How much harm to people and the economy could have been prevented? Further problems lie ahead if masks are not worn during the reopening of businesses.

In other news a study out of Singapore suggests 11 days is the time someone is contagious.  If true wouldn't this suggest a two week hard lockdown could basically eliminate the threat? This would be a hard sell though to people given all that has happened so far.

Wearing non-medical-grade masks or other face covering does not eliminate the risk of infection but can help reduce that risk (some claim by up to half).

The fllowing illustration is from a study [DOI: 10.1126/science.abc6197 ]. It's simple but could suffice to illustrate why masks / face coverings are about us and not about 'me, me, me--'.

Attachments

• F1.medium.gif
    F1.medium.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 20
Local supermarket is selling masks at cost ,or so they claim , 36 euros for 50 ,
I wore the same mask for two months on my trips to the supermarket ,
kept it in a plastic food container with a wad of tissue doused down with hand sanitiser ,
I take full advantage of the free ethanol sanitiser on entrance and exit to the store still ,
not just one push of the button , more like ten , around a table spoon ,rubbed all over the hands and forearms .

Interesting point raised about the Japanese fasting thing , a friend who lived there swears by it , makes plenty of sense to run the tank dry every so often , like was mentioned for the vast majority of our existance food wasnt a simple swipe of a cash card away , dedication and skill was required to land the quarry , the the effort/reward complex got hijacked by sugar and shite and look where its landed us up ,a bunch of blobby bottomed tail draging pill heads susceptible to a euthanasing virus  :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back