crisotop's finished projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crisotop said:
I've also built your impedance converter and ribbon booster boxes (although I lose about 7-8dB of signal when using the ribbon booster. Have to have a look at the circuit at some time)

It definitely works as advertized (+10-12dB). I built a few of those, both in the revised version as in the article and in the original version PRR once presented here.

Did you check out my little DIY-DI-Box, too? The circuit is very, very simple, yet it works well. I built a phantom powered version for a friend, and he likes it much better than the DI input on his audio interface.

Christoph,

First off, just absolutely amazing work!  I'm definitely inspired to do better by your fine work.

Also, what switches did you use for the thresh/gain on the GSSL?  I've been thinking I'd far rather have a stepped setup and trash the Alpha pots.

Thanks!

Brian

Update: Added GDIY511 Rack, Sifam VU Rack, AST W1390 Faders, TG12413 Zener Limiter, Telefunken V672 Racking, Siemens V72 Racking

happy DIY
Christoph

thanks Volker (working on that PM670 to complete the "Silentarts PCB List") :)

Mic Case is from Thomann (custom size with "funny foam" inlets - basically tiny foam blocks, that can "easily" be cut to fit whatever you want to protect).

Thanks!
Christoph

Man you're on a roll!!!

I remember reading this thread 1 year ago and your DIY stuff has since increased exponentially!!!!  ;D

Well done.

Awesome stuff!!!

JD

crisotop said:
thanks Volker (working on that PM670 to complete the "Silentarts PCB List") :)

Mic Case is from Thomann (custom size with "funny foam" inlets - basically tiny foam blocks, that can "easily" be cut to fit whatever you want to protect).

Thanks!
Christoph

Hehe i was just checking around on Thomann to see wich ref of the Thon case you've used, i bumped on this could be handy in the future  ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://www.thomann.de/fr/thon_jackycase.htm

zayance said:
Hehe i was just checking around on Thomann to see wich ref of the Thon case you've used, i bumped on this could be handy in the future  ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://www.thomann.de/fr/thon_jackycase.htm

maybe someone here can reverse-engineer it and add some space for the ice  ???

Kingston said:
Great job with that G7 stereo pair case!

Where can you buy cases like that, and the custom soft stuff for it?

I bought a similar (although smaller) black case from Bauhaus. had the same foam cuts to make a nice place for a mic or two.

Rossi said:
crisotop said:
Since I already sold my re-amping article to (the world's best recording magazine) Sound & Recording, it wouldn't be fair towards the people who pay my rent to give its contents away for free. However, you can buy the original article (in German!) via the magazine's website:

http://www.soundandrecording.de/artikelsuche.php?Suchtext=re-amping&Rubrik=*&Ausgabe=value&Jahr=*&=suchen&Magazin=SR

It's only 2 Euros, and no, I don't get a cut.

Remember that the article is in German, I bought it but now I need to get a translator

Funny ! 4 hours ago I re-read this thread again, and purchased the article as well......

Well, the german language. I don't speak german either (although I must say that dutch is pretty close to deutsch). But for building the re-amp box, all you need is the schematic, right ?

helterbelter said:
Funny ! 4 hours ago I re-read this thread again, and purchased the article as well......

Well, the german language. I don't speak german either (although I must say that dutch is pretty close to deutsch). But for building the re-amp box, all you need is the schematic, right ?

I guess for people around here, the schematic and the pictures should be enough. Remember the article was written with "normal" readers in mind, not DIY-savvy tinkerers.

Man i am definetely not an envious person but every time i see this thread...
I cant believe how much ressources a build take now think about all this builds...

I tip my hat my friend...

Amazing.

Latest posts

Back