crisotop's finished projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great builds mate! Wow  :)

You know your EQs, pultec and Sontec. How difficult to build were they, compared to a single La2a you built?

How much did it end up costing you to build one Pultec?

Both less complicated than the La2a (only tricky to get the right capacitors for the pultec, I used some wimas in parallel for certain values), frontpanels are a bit more work if you do them yourself.

christoph

Looks great. I'm starting a stereo 1176 also, mnats RevJ. I was considering Lundahl input/output xfrmrs and a switchable input between xfrmr and 5532. Would you be willing to share how you made your's switchable. My issue is, doesn't that change the Q-bias adjustment when changing between the Lundahl and the 5532?

Thanks,
Tony

1176_switch.JPG

This drawing is courtesy of Steve (can't find his username right now) hope he's allright with posting it. It's just a matter of distributing the 3 input pins to either the tranny or the ic input and switching input pot leg 1 betwenn the two sections. If you use the input lundahl in a 1:1 configuration you shouldn't experience any compression characteristic changes, or necessary readjustment of the q-bias settings.

All the best,
christoph

I am soooo Not Worthy!!!

:D

that is one awesome lineup. And thanks for posting that diagram for switching your dual 1176, I searched everywhere for this topic...

Mac

please stop posting such threats...

I'm trying to feel happy that I'll spent the whole August next to the beach drinking beers...  :(

much respect  :)
michael

Oh my, don't get me started on case and frontpanel talk. I'm so happy I finally found the time and energy to finish them (thousand thanks to nrg-recording Frank for his help). I have about 7-8 projects (not including the just finished units) with fully populated boards + all parts lying around for nearly 2 years now, because I wanted to design my own frontpanels. It just saves an awful lot of time to buy finished cases and/or frontpanels..

Thanks for the kind words,
Christoph

:eek: 8) :eek: 8) :eek: 8) Good work!

crisotop said:
To be honest I think I'm the only one at our uni who actually knows what that thing is and how to operate it  :green

If you leave the uni... do you think they recognize that you replaced the rhode&schwarz with my neutrik A1?  ??? ;D

Frank.

Hehe, I think it would be best to clone the housing and frontpanel and put a brick inside. No one will ever be able to tell the difference :D

thanks!
Christoph

DLA2A-crisotop.gif

Christoph, congrats, very nice build.
and the first one (except mine ;) ) in a 2U case.
looking at your updated first post I know why you are starting saving rack space ;D ;D ;D

thanks for the kind words everybody, the sense of achievement easily blows away the hours of frustration  :D

wow. quite the dream collection. whats next?

Godda** PM670 that's on the bench for 2 years now, another 2-1176 (Rev D, stepped T-Attenuator, UTC trannies...), TG1 clone, 2x V672 racking, VU Meter racking, Transformer based MS en/decoder with Lineamp / Crush'n'Blend (sort of a mastering switchbox), original Neve 2254, GDIY 511 Rack (and hopefully some Modules). There's just too much on the to-do list, thanks to this wonderful place ;)

cheers
Christoph

Back