CRT

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, no one took the hint in my previous post, please type "We're coming for your children" on YouTube, no further comment.
I'm not from the youtube generation but after doing a search I think I found what you were talking about, a video from the SF Gay community since removed because it was objectionable. Speculation since I didn't watch it, I don't need help being angry.

I am glad that I am old and do not have any children but I realize that is selfish, and an avoidance strategy.

I see a lot of energy being spent to marshal political power. This is not really new but modern technology makes it more in our face, and harder to ignore. I used to blissfully ignore politics between major election cycles. Now it seems like it is 24x7. Apparently many people still ignore it or believe everything they are told.

JR

PS: I was going to rant that I don't watch youtube videos, but coincidentally just yesterday I watched a youtube video to figure out how to adjust the squealing drive belt on my string trimmer. We live in a golden age of information and the popular medium these days is videos.

I'm not from the youtube generation but after doing a search I think I found what you were talking about, a video from the SF Gay community since removed because it was objectionable. Speculation since I didn't watch it, I don't need help being angry.

I am glad that I am old and do not have any children but I realize that is selfish, and an avoidance strategy.

I see a lot of energy being spent to marshal political power. This is not really new but modern technology makes it more in our face, and harder to ignore. I used to blissfully ignore politics between major election cycles. Now it seems like it is 24x7. Apparently many people still ignore it or believe everything they are told.

JR

PS: I was going to rant that I don't watch youtube videos, but coincidentally just yesterday I watched a youtube video to figure out how to adjust the squealing drive belt on my string trimmer. We live in a golden age of information and the popular medium these days is videos.
John, nowadays the only way we can speak is in terms of "code" or innuendo unless one wants to be flamed or cancelled by certain groups, and even then one still gets cancelled.

YouTube has good things and bad, the good things are the YouTube algorithm in which it tends to predict what you like based on what you watch and your subscriptions, so if you create an account and use it, eventually most of the garbage gets filtered out and you get to live in your nice little bubble.

That being said, I pay for various streaming services like Netflix,HBO, Hulu, etc... and to be honest, its been like 6 months now that I can't watch anything on those unless there is something very specific I am looking for. The reason: for anyone who opens up Netflix, just look at the content being added and promoted, everything has some sort of left wing indoctrination either subtle or direct, everything has to do with: "liberation", role reversal, superiority of the once oppressed or victimhood of the allegedly currently oppressed, right to "choose", "tolerance", etc... the list goes on, the main characters are no longer heroes they are only victims or victims portrayed as heroes, and of course, there is this constant theme of payback for all things done in the past.

I can't even stand watching something silly like a new Zombie movie because it has those themes embedded in it, and now that I have become aware of those no-so-subtle "messages" in a movie, its not longer possible for me to ignore them, most TV series are now unbearable and boring for the same reasons. Many movies and series are a re-make of old ones with a Woke twist "correcting what was originally wrong with them" if you know what I mean...

I was excited when the new series "High-Fidelity" came out in 2020, after the first episode I stopped watching it, they took a good novel, a good movie and transformed it into horrible Woke propaganda, thats probably why it got cancelled after only one season, and don't even get me started on The Handmaid's Tale, Dear White People, Now Apocalypse, and if that is not obvious enough there is a TV Show actually called "Woke".

Ohh but I also have to deal with the Mexican TV Shows like "Desenfrenadas", a group of empowered women from the upper class who travel to Oaxaca, México and meet some woman who teaches them stuff and they suddenly become aware about their "social priviledge", thats everything you need to know about the show.

In summary: I can't watch Netflix or similar because I feel like I am a character in the novel 1984.

So I just watch YouTube, I get to see what I want to see, and ignore the rest.

Last edited:
yesterday the libtrd media explained that 'crt' is the new ''canel culture' (incendiary all-encompassing talking point to rally patriots)

we should look out for the people around us--don't regard the virtual universe
and attempt to ignore the views that (any) media attempts to promulgate

Many are teaching the corporate script that they are told to teach. You could easily discover what that is by looking at some textbooks. I'm sure you'd find some things that you felt justified your attacks on education, but overall you'd likely be pretty disappointed.

And I've heard teachers say they'd love having a camera in their classroom (in my state anyway, they can't video the students in most circumstances) because then they could show the parents just how badly their "little angels" were behaving.
what are textbooks?

textbooks at least undergo an editorial process--for better or worse.
most physical print media I have seen in the last 4 years has been very questionable, as in the instructor copy/paste/print from myriad unvetted 'resource website'
seems like filler to be able to provide something alternate to 'virtual textbook/virtual learning'

One theory about CRT is that there are not enough actual racists to divide the country along racial lines. So CRT undertakes to redefine all white people as racists. I don't expect this to work either, but some people are trying pretty hard. Of course there is some modest number of actual racists but not a significant fraction of the population (even in MS).

It is unpleasant when forum members here suggest that I am racist, but this strategy is right out of the rules for radicals playbook to put me on the defensive and distract me. In my judgement race relations in America have steadily improved in the decades since desegregation and civil rights legislation. Now race relations are being corrupted by politicians to gain political power.

I do not expect that to work either, but my record for predicting political outcomes is not great.

JR

One theory about CRT is that there are not enough actual racists to divide the country along racial lines. So CRT undertakes to redefine all white people as racists. I don't expect this to work either, but some people are trying pretty hard. Of course there is some modest number of actual racists but not a significant fraction of the population (even in MS).

It is unpleasant when forum members here suggest that I am racist, but this strategy is right out of the rules for radicals playbook to put me on the defensive and distract me.

Oh, yes, that must be why people say that.
As a white Southerner I have to say I disagree with your assessment about there not being many racists in the South. There may not be many who openly espouse white racial superiority (if you want, as some right wingers do, to define "racist" very narrowly), but prejudice and bigotry abound. It is never as cut-and-dried as some folks (particularly non-Southerners) would like to believe it to be, but that doesn't diminish or excuse it. And racism at the polls continues unabated in states across the South.

Oh, and thanks for sharing that "theory" about CRT--that & other comments from you and Dual flip have been quite revelatory.

It is unpleasant when forum members here suggest that I am racist, but this strategy is right out of the rules for radicals playbook to put me on the defensive and distract me.
Don't take it personal John, I was called here a "Mexican White Supremacist" remember?

Latest posts

Back