Current electricity prices: What does the kWh cost in your country?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
I'm curious to know what you guys are paying. The bold letters are the new price for base price and kWh consumed. In parentheses you see the old prices.
IMG-20220921-WA0000.jpeg
12,40€ base price per month and 49,90 cent per kWh is my new price.

Last edited:
What about the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Italy, Spain, Portogal, the Netherlands, etc.?

How much do you pay for instance in Japan, Australia, Canada?

The average residential electricity rate in Mississippi is 10.26¢/kWh, which ranks 35th in the U.S.

My local "clean coal" :rolleyes: power plant is burning NG, so rising gas prices will ultimately affect our electricity prices.

Electricity comparison over time​
In the last 6 months, you spent $57 less than efficient homes near you.​

My utility emails me "nudges" to save energy, and since I converted to a modern high efficiency heat pump several years ago, I use less power than even my efficient neighbors. Of course my neighbors are not as efficient as CA (my brother has solar panels and the full lala land experience).

JR

My utility emails me "nudges" to save energy
This is also very popular here at the moment, also often articulated by politicians in the media. But that doesn't stop them from shutting down our nuclear power plants. Brave new world!
my brother has solar panels and the full lala land experience
Solar panels are still readily available here, but inverters seem to be in short supply at the moment. Especially for the really popular balcony mini solar systems. (which in winter here deliver about 50 watts per hour...) ;)

Last edited:
This is also very popular here at the moment, also often articulated by politicians in the media.
Attempted behavior modification, the implied threat is they "know" how much energy I use and when.
Solar panels are still readily available here, but inverters seem to be in short supply at the moment. Especially for the really popular balcony mini solar systems. (which in winter here deliver about 50 watts per hour...) ;)
My brother has solar panels installed in his yard? No doubt for the healthy tax credits in CA. As I recall he recently required a service call to repair something in the array support electronics.

He can charge his wife's Tesla from the solar array (at night?), and she gets to use the HOV lane to reduce her commute time. I believe my brother's deal allows him to drive his electricity meter backwards, but that means less wealthy utility customers are subsidizing my brother.

JR

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 20.35.46.png

Here is our current tariff although we should be getting some government relief from 1st of October.
In March 2021 we were paying about 12pence per unit, so it has been a five fold increase in 18 months.
Absolutely fncking terrifying trying to run a small business in the UK right now to be honest.

S.

Interesting. They're obviously averaging for the entire state. That .15/kwh includes fuel and non-fuel charges?
I don't understand what that is. The 15 cents is the total charge per kwh (actually the base rate is $34.99 and the kwh is $0.1478.) ;)

Most of my large appliances run on propane (furnace, water heater, clothes dryer, stove/oven) which unfortunately has gone up from $2.09 to $2.99/gallon this year as it is a refined product of oil. I use about 1000 gallons/year.

Here is our current tariff although we should be getting some government relief from 1st of October.
In March 2021 we were paying about 12pence per unit, so it has been a five fold increase in 18 months.
Absolutely fncking terrifying trying to run a small business in the UK right now to be honest.
Puuh, I know exactly what you mean! Thanks for sharing these bad news.

4,32rub per kWh in Russia (~0.07usd). No additional base payment.
https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/electricity_prices/
The numbers are outdated. That was before your great leader invaded his neighboring country. I haven't forgotten what you stand for, keyword Russian rape culture.

I would prefer it if you would f**k off from my thread and spout your propaganda venom somewhere else. Your contribution to this forum is reduced exclusively to false information and war propaganda.

I hope that the new russian mobilization concerns you and you can show in Ukraine what you are made of.

Last edited:
I would prefer it if you would fuck off from my thread
John, is there is a moderator?
Good company here, guys. How do you think? ;)

I hope that the new russian mobilization concerns you and you can show in Ukraine what you are made of.
I wish you calm down my little friend, you can show yourself in Ukraine too, instead of whining about eclectricity prices.

John, is there is a moderator?
Good company here, guys. How do you think? ;)

I wish you calm down my little friend, you can show yourself in Ukraine too, instead of whining about eclectricity prices.
Just have a look at what our Rape buddy has contributed to this forum in the last time, then you know who you are dealing with.

I can only repeat, no business with Putin supporters, remember Bucha and the other war crimes!

We will see who cries at the end! Trust me.

The numbers are outdated. That was before your great leader invaded his neighboring country. I haven't forgotten what you stand for, keyword Russian rape culture.

I would prefer it if you would fuck off from my thread and spout your propaganda venom somewhere else. Your contribution to this forum is reduced exclusively to false information and war propaganda.

rick that is unacceptable language rule #4

JR

Latest posts

Back