db mag online

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the scans are fine. But if you click on them in say firefox which pulls up pdf's they look like poo, however once you download them and view them with say preview on a mac, they look good and can easily be read.

November 1967. I had just turned 17. I had been working during the summer holidays for two years and earned enough to buy myself a Brenell MK5 tape deck with half track stereo heads plus the Brenell Hi-Fi tape link and a couple of Grampian GR2 ribbon mics. I did my first stereo recordings of local school bands with that set up. Great days.

Cheers

Ian

All those years and they never figured out the proper way to write dB.  8)

As I recall they kind of faded out in their later years, with the final insult being bought by Modern Recording before the final end, but as I recall lots of good broadcast engineering articles too.

JR

I have found many PDF's that don't display correctly in Mac Preview, look fine with Adobe reader. 

Loved db mag.  had lots of tech and best of all Crowhurst.  Get a load of that Fairchild Desk add in the 1st issue.  Where did all those go?

This looks much better in Adobe Reader than the mac preview. 

Nice Find Pucho.

November 1967. I just turned -6. But the magazines were full of interesting articles and pictures, that now, more than 40 years later, seem about time for me to read!

But they show up in bad quality solution in preview. I got stubborn and tried to open with photoshop/acrobat etc and got the message to put in a password to lift document restrictions ???

Am I missing something?

> Am I missing something?

Acrobat Reader?

Comes in Apple, Penguin, and Android flavors too.

The scans look "OK" to me in Reader. They've been _heavily_ compressed, which may be why "other" even "better" readers are having trouble. (The password is probably a careless default in the PDF writer used.)

Some of the links that say "1968" actually go to the 1967 issue; same in some later years.

If you manually correct the link URL you do get the right file.

Latest posts

Back