Discrete Dip 8 Opamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abechap024

This is a design I've come up with....well nothing new really except that its a discrete opamp mounted vertically so it can fit into a standard DIP-8 footprint.

I think its great for upgrades... I have a console that chip based but I want to spice up the mix amps. should be useful for upgrades and mods, or new designs....

of course some other considerations will be needed if expecting to drop this in to existing designs. Current consumption comes to mind...

DISCRETE_DIP.jpg

the two pieces to the right are stuffed and the mounted vertically by soldering the pads together were the pcbs meet.

I've seen something like this before, but with SIL right angle pins mounted directly to each board 'half', so complete a DIP8 pinout. Great idea bringing classics into this format, though! Is this a single opamp type pinout or dual pinout?

Those Burson opamps look very nice.

This is just a single opamp - oh wouldn't that be something to fit 2 discrete opamps in that space? The do sell those 2x single to dual opamp adapters and these could work with those.

HI,

actually, the Burson I got was not that impressive. And they didnt reply to any emails when I asked for some simple info, like what load will it drive, slewrate, noise etc etc.

2520, 2520, 2520 . . . .

Go Abechap . . .

Kindest regards,,

ANdyP

Yes, that is the plan. PCBs and Kits. I'm debating on opening a pre-order on this or not...could help the project get realized faster and lower the end price for everyone that participates, we'll see.

I think I got it figured out. I have the one that floating all around the net, but there is supposedly on error on it, pretty sure I found the problem after reading some more stuff. One of the transistors emitter/collector pins are flip/flopped. If anyone could confirm this that would be great - otherwise I'll just run a quick simulation to confirm.
Regards!

Abe

Abe, great idea!  I'd probably grab a couple dozen 2520's depending on price....

I've got a load of different docs on the 2520, shemos etc.  I'll shoot you over an email... I'm sure there'll be some good stuff in there for ya.

Cheers,
Dave

Cool. Thanks to Davo I got a correct skem. :) Got 2520 ready to go.

I'll double check them tomorrow. Then its off to the factory.... :)

Probably just sending off the 2520 for now. Melcors down the road...

Thanks,
Abe

Abe,

I cant believe you have already done it, dont you ever SLEEP man . . . This is very very exiting indeed. If you ever get bored, how about NTP M100 . . . not sure you could physically fit Neumann OA10, but that would be a blinder too . . .

We cannot get enough DOAs . . . .

Superstar,

ANdyP

Brilliant! Just what my mixing desk needs!

:) :)

How tall are the pcbs?

Do you perhaps think that making them horizontal is needed for them to fit inside consoles?

The chips will be about 1.2" high (3cm) high.  On my console, and other projects I've seen often times parts will be packed close to the IC, so I've tried to make everything as vertical as possible. This won't work for some designs/consoles. But it should just squeeze into 1 ru with a PCB. I'm open to ideas though...do you think making them a little wider and less tall would be better?

Glad you guys are excited!

Thanks,
Abe

Latest posts

Back