Discrete Dip 8 Opamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pucho812 said:
Would be curious to see how well the perform sonicly.  but looking good so far.

Yes I don't know yet what possible repercussions might come from mounting them like this. But we'll see...

I'd vote for a bit wider and less tall... although at 1.2", it'd just fit into the channel strip :)

pucho812 said:
I don't think one mounting style, vertical or horizontal, is going to  be a one size fits all.  Possible to do a few different variations

I'll look into this some more, it would be nice to get it all under an inch...maybe offer Tall or Wide version.

edit: Looking more in depth at different circuit-boards and designs, I think it is a good idea to offer different types. A Tall and a Wide at least...
Cheers!

Abe

Absolutely.I think that is a great idea.  For example my trident that I did the overhaul on could use such items. But location of other parts, width and length of  the different channels might make it rough to  put it in.

Hello,
Yes just finalizing the designs - check twice, cut once sort of thing...
I will be sending off for the PCBs ASAP. I'm really excited to try these out in my desk, and other pieces of equipment. So be ready, I'll be sure to update with my progress

Cheers!

Abe

Oh and yes, first one will be a*i 2520 style!

:) Thanks for all the kind words.

Yes, these will run off what the 2520 runs off of, which is spec'd at +/-12v  to +/-20v

Cheers,
Abe

Ah Andy, always like a little extra motivation! :)  They should be here soon. I've opened a pre-order on my site if anyone is itching to get these as soon as possible.

Thanks for the support  guys!

Cheers,

Abe

Hi Abe,

I just checked out the pre-order page... it's just for the tall version right now it seems.  What dimensions are you making wide version?

I'm guessing that the "a" is 2520, "m" is melcor and "j"... 990 possibly?

Cheers,
Dave

Davo said:
I just checked out the pre-order page... it's just for the tall version right now it seems.  What dimensions are you making wide version?
Yes just the Tall "A" version to start it off.

I'm guessing that the "a" is 2520, "m" is melcor and "j"... 990 possibly?

haha yes! You caught on to my secret code...I hope most people do. I just don't know how much name dropping i can do on my site...right now I stick to none. Probably easier just to do it all through the white market, but my site helps me stay organized.

The Wide versions will be about the dimensions of the Tall just flipped on its side. So a little over half an inch.

abechap024 said:
The Wide versions will be about the dimensions of the Tall just flipped on its side. So a little over half an inch.

Excellent, that'll be perfect!  I'll be in for a bunch when you get that one knocked out. 

Latest posts

Back