diy gate key

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

i have a little behringer "composer" compressor with a gate.
is there anyway i can add a key input for the gate ?
how would i go about it?

First you'll need the schematic for the unit. Then you'll need to be able to find out how it's working - that is, a decent level of electronic understanding. Next you plan, design and implement the modification with the help of the two aforementioned.

Jakob E.

[quote author="gyraf"]First you'll need the schematic for the unit. Then you'll need to be able to find out how it's working - that is, a decent level of electronic understanding. Next you plan, design and implement the modification with the help of the two aforementioned.

Jakob E.[/quote]

let me rephrase the question....has this been done before ? i have searched the archives and cannot find the appropriate answer to this.

I've done it on a few pieces of gear. Most gates read the input and send it to the level sensing. All you do is split it off.

Sounds simple.

And it is... as long as you know which bit is the level sensing circuit.

Got a schematic?

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]I've done it on a few pieces of gear. Most gates read the input and send it to the level sensing. All you do is split it off.

Sounds simple.

Got a schematic?

Keith[/quote]

okay...i see, i am out to find it...be back in a jiffy.... :idea:

[quote author="Lo-Fi"][quote author="SSLtech"]I've done it on a few pieces of gear. Most gates read the input and send it to the level sensing. All you do is split it off.

Sounds simple.

Got a schematic?

Keith[/quote]

okay...i see, i am out to find it...be back in a jiffy.... :idea:[/quote]

jeez'em peets.... doesnt look as if behringer is too kind to give out schematics....cant find it on the net either... hum.... there's got to be a really simple way to do this.

Back