Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ptownkid said:
Since I do not want to just guess at shipping, I am not going to collect money for shipping until i have the goods in hand. What I will do is issue a credit or voucher for your pre-order for my website that you can use to "purchase" your goods once they are in stock so that the system can give you accurate shipping costs and options.

PT I think you need to edit your post again. ;-)
Meter is extra right??

"Includes:-All parts needed to build an entire unit EXCEPT IEC inlet, knobs, power transformer, and chassis."

Cheers
Sean

Ptownkid said:
The extra 2 are for external input. The kit will include 4 xlrs and then you can do whatever you want with the other two holes.
Those 2 extra external inputs holes on the chassis, does the SB4000 have 2 external inputs requirements that are for 2 XLRs or in general you only use 4 XLR holes for the SB4000? Those holes would make the build look incomplete or look DIY, as well as help dust build up inside your unit.

Also does your full kit, include mounting hardware, nuts, bolts, cable ties, screws, etc? The little things you use to mount the pcb board, screw the sockets, etc?

canidoit said:
Those 2 extra external inputs holes on the chassis, does the SB4000 have 2 external inputs requirements that are for 2 XLRs or in general you only use 4 XLR holes for the SB4000? Those holes would make the build look incomplete or look DIY, as well as help dust build up inside your unit.

It's an optional function, please read the SB4000 thread for more info. I can always knock off a bunch of blanks to include...as for looking DIY...it is DIY.

canidoit said:
Also does your full kit, include mounting hardware, nuts, bolts, cable ties, screws, etc? The little things you use to mount the pcb board, screw the sockets, etc?

The only hardware comes with the chassis, and it's only the hardware related directly to the par-metal chassis itself.

Cheers

Guys, my BOM is done and ready to post.  Unfortunately I left it at work, so I can't post it up until the morning.

It clearly indicates the few items not included in Ptown's kit as well as the massive amount of items that are.

The reason things like wire, hardware, knobs, & meter are not included in the kit are that these items are a "personal preference" kind of thing, and different people like to do things different ways.  I can make recomendations to anyone that's not sure though.  Any questions of this nature though please post on the SB4000 Support Thread (which will be up in the morning).

As far as the external input (extra 2 xlr knockouts).  They are for the optional "external input" feature (for ducking, etc.)  Depending on your setup you might want male connectors there, female, or just one as opposed to both if you only want mono ducking (which is typical).  As far as empty holes if you don't use it - it's on the back of your unit - where no one will ever see once you mount it.  The 1U enclosures have vent holes all over, so all they'll do is give you some extra ventilation.

Ptownkid said:
I can always knock off a bunch of blanks to include...as for looking DIY...it is DIY.

This would be cool I reckon (if you can). I dont plan to utilise the external input and would like to cover the holes.

Not the end of the world either way though.

jake

Sent $337, preorder for the "whole enchilada." Please confirm whenever you get a chance - thanks!

Snip...yeah, I'm just going to do that.

Dan, got it, cheers man! I can decipher it from your e-mail addy but.... CAN EVERYONE PLEASE INCLUDE THEIR FULL NAME IN THE TEXT!!! Saves headaches later on, thanks!

$337 sent for high-grade "enchilada supreme" parts kit, with a side of meter and chassis. ;D Please confirm - Sean

Latest posts

Back