DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For today's TMI Hartley Peavey pioneered using NC wood routing equipment to manufacture guitar bodies. I think his first machine purchased many decades ago was a German machine designed to precisely route rifle stocks.

JR

Very nice instruments, and nice simple router sled - I made and used one until I got a thickness sander. Making instruments has helped keep me from going completely bat shit nuts over the last few years.

Keep on keeping on.

I have plans to improve the router sled. And familiarize myself with the local sawmills. A telecaster is also on my wishlist.

Care to elaborate on this one? Did you make the neck as well?
That one is actually a kit I sourced from the UK. Ordered it on a Monday and received it Friday. Neck and pup pockets were a little too tight, also I ditched the pickups in favor of something a lot hotter than what came with the kit.

I bet it does. What wood is that? Stunning grain pattern. Really digging that translucent black.
What pups did you go with?

Ash wood body. I stained it twice then sanded it back down then shellac. I went with some China pups that got good user reviews. I was building two basses at the time and these actually sound great.
I see you're a lefty. we have just passed the average of lefty's found in any given place and time. Nice looking basses too

Lefty Telecaster parts are being ordered, so that will be next. No turning back now. And you know I put work into the shielding and electronics. Mostly point 2 point solid wire.

Back