DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s cool puncho. Very nice job on that build.

I have a soprano acoustic guitar. I got it because it allows me to create a mandolin part in a track. It might be cheating like a 6 string banjo but it’s very easy to play and has great tone and temperament.
if I really push it, I can get it to do standard tuning but an octave up all around.

if I really push it, I can get it to do standard tuning but an octave up all around.
so scale length is best at an octave?

I would like a baratone guitar these days. They are different scale (b e a d f# b). Wondering if your scale length would support say A first string or D.

I’ve never tried standard tuning on the soprano gtr it would be rubber bands.

Well tuning is best at an octave, makes it easier to remember chords and strings are not loose so any push too hard on the fret does not change pitch. I get that when down a whole step as described previously but standard tuning up an octave is easier for me to chord out 👍

So I lied, actually I ended up with a spare neck and it's too sexy not to use. So I have embarked on a Telemaster this time around. The plan is to look like a Fender but sound like a Gibson. Humbuckers you say? I also modelled a pretty nice FET pre stage for an active D.I. the whole thing is designed around parts I have laying around.

Last edited:
20220520_081701.jpg

Thar she is, as promised. Just need to solder the pups to the switch and string her up. Done and done making em.

Thats a nice axe , like a Fender Mustang but without stupid wonky bridge/trem unit ,
A luthier friend of mine is constantly getting in jobs putting together kit guitars these days , really good value and surprisingly good quality .

Back