Dolby cat 43

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes if it was designed like that there is probably a very good reason for it, and if I find all the parts for a reasonable amount I will get them. For right now though it is more for the fun of trying to make it work with just the 2 pieces and the nostalgia of the old equipment. I still have my 565 notch and cat 430 but they don't see too much use in these days of plugins and very fast turnaround.

W43 plugin for the cat 43 , no fun in that...

The 43 A and B have there own +18 Volt , A from 22 ( pin 13 + 14 ) , B from the +24 Volt from its own regulator ( 7818 ? )...

I didn't try W43 but I'd rather use the cat43. Thanks for the voltage info I'm slowly tracing the circuit. The input wire from xlr pin 3 is not broken it goes to a transistor. I haven't applied power to the circuit yet. There is evidence because of the labelling on the pcb {1 and 16 reversed) that the cat22 card might have been inserted upside down. If that happened and 24v was sent to pin 2 meter output on the cat22 could that have damaged the 43A ?

While we're on the subject, does anyone know what that white block/jumper is on the port where the Cat-22 card gets inserted into the fader box?
It is not a jumper , it makes sure the slot on the 5 position is around it...

You will see there is no 5 or E connection point on the schematics...

I didn't try W43 but I'd rather use the cat43. Thanks for the voltage info I'm slowly tracing the circuit. The input wire from xlr pin 3 is not broken it goes to a transistor. I haven't applied power to the circuit yet. There is evidence because of the labelling on the pcb {1 and 16 reversed) that the cat22 card might have been inserted upside down. If that happened and 24v was sent to pin 2 meter output on the cat22 could that have damaged the 43A ?
15 would connect to B => Compressor 1 Out...

As with most vintage units , hope it will work...

Latest posts

Back