Feasible/possible to add limiter circuit to InEar Headphone amp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roofRob

Hi there,

I had the idea to try and find a little limiter circuit that might fit into the housing of the Canford Audio Battery Headphone Amplifier, mimicking the Fisher Amps In Ear Stick.
Does anyone here see a chance and could point me to a good starting point, my search here or elsewhere didn't give me much on this.
Any advice much appreciated- maybe even: "sell Canford, buy Fisher"...

Background story:
one of my bands is gaining traction and we plan to play a few casual shows this year.
So far we've been rehearsing with InEar monitoring (E-Drums, Amp-Modelers into X32 into HP-Amps in the rack, pretty controlled environment).

I was trusted with another personal HP-Amp I could attach to my belt or something, which I was thinking to sell on Reverb, but now second-guessing:
A Canford Audio Battery Headphone Amplifier, quite sturdy.
Before I was always eyeballing the Fisher Amps In Ear Stick, which has the same function PLUS an electronic limiter.

Now: I experienced the possibility of really nasty- and up to dangerous for hearing- gross sudden level increases slash feedback, when not in a so controlled environment as described above or when fiddling with monitoring mixes during rehearsals (luckily I had my plugs out in that moment).
I'm pretty cautious about my hearing abilities and eager to protect it, hence the wish to brickwall anything that goes against that.

Here's a gutshot to get a hint of an idea:

CB302D4A-501C-4B4D-B78A-3B815F60B543.jpeg

Cheers

Latest posts

Back