Don Audio?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weiss said:
Well i compared prices from time to time and everywhere i looked it was cheaper..

just to give a few examples (incl. VAT):

Marconi Style knobs (Black Marconi style Knob, skirted 2 x Set screw, 1/4 Shaft hole, 5,90 - Special Price already !! ::))
5,90 € compared to the exact same knob 1,60 € (Marconi style black, 1,60)

Black Bakelite Chickenhead style (Bakelite Chicken Head Knob 1104, black):
3,40 € compared to the exact same knob 0.52€ (Chicken Knob 32mm) or 0,70€ ( Chickenhead black, 0,70)

ON/OFF Spare Knob for EQP-1A Equalizer (ON/OFF Spare Knob for EQP-1A Equalizer, 7,13 €):
7,13 € compared to the exact same knob 0,90 € (Beaked knob brown 17mm, 0,90)

57mm VU Meter (Vintage-Meters VU Meter VM2103, 45,08 €)
49,95 € compared to the exact same meter 33.93€ (VU meter (Vintage, 57mm) with backlight)

G-SSL frontpanel (GSSL Frontpanel (Standard), 43,98 €):
51,03 € compared to the exact same panel: 42,88€ (G-SSL Frontpanel (Standard))

Ribbed knob 24mm (Daka-Ware Instrument Control Knob 1150 Black, 2,57 €)
2,57 € compared to the exact same knob €0,77 (Ribbed knob Ribby-24 :: Various :: Fluted :: Plastic :: Knobs :: Electromechanical :: Electronic Parts :: Banzai Music GmbH)

I mean... this is an obivous difference, isn't it?

Now i don't have to mention that you can get it even cheaper when you check on ebay or chinese sellers (as most of these products come from china obviously). I know it is human nature to gain some money out of things, but that much ???

Just my thoughts..

Ansgar

AUCHH!!!!!!!

Last edited:
volker said:
Whenever I search any Lundahl transformer, Google usually presents a Don-Audio link. Just a couple examples:

LL1922: DA: 146,87 € Jacmusic: 99,27 €
LL1676: DA: 163,59 € Jacmusic: 128,28 €
LL1690: DA: 163,60 € Jacmusic: 128,28 €

I'm sure there are also more reasonably priced items, but some really stick out. Might all be part of a selling strategy of course: lure them in with a couple of cheaper parts, hope they will buy the more expensive stuff with it.

AUCHH!!!

Last edited:
I’ve ordered a lot from don audio, usually pretty good experience, only the back ordered stuff gets forgotten about and I have to email a few times before they get back to me, can be frustrating but overall still doing business with them for certain things, seems like the prices are high but importing is expensive so that’s part of it, they’re meant to serve their market better than the rest of the world. (I’m in the US)

Really wish they weren’t the only source for some parts. 2 out of 3 orders I’ve had from them were terrible. Long long delays with no communication despite their site saying items are in stock. Wrong items. No response to emails. Overall really bad.

Latest posts

Back