dpa4060 5Volt bias voltage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.oelberg

the dpa 40xx series of miniature microphones cannot be used with most of the cheaper lavalier recorders as they need 5 volt supply voltage. I ponder about building a small battery power supply for dpa to us in combination with Tascam DR-10 L or similar. Is anybody out there who did something similar ?
anything to keep in mind for 5 volt bias ?

Nicholas

You can make a battery box, I did make one because I wanted to use a DPA CORE 4080 with a Rode Wireless GO. It worked but it turns out, the DPA can't handle the ton of RF put out by the Rode, and I ended up switching to a more conventional UHF wireless transmitter that does supply 5V. But with a recorder instead of a wireless transmitter I guess you don't have that problem.

This is what I built, with the 5V coming from a regulator powered by a 9V battery. In addition to what is depicted, the regulator had input and output capacitors based on its datasheet.

Because MIC_CENTER_PIN will sit at around 2.5V DC (that's what DPA CORE mics bias at), and RECORDER_IN has the bias voltage coming from the recorder (which is 2.5V or 3.3V or 2V depending on the model), you can't really know what's the DC bias across C3, so use a non-polar one.

1719051922182.png

Latest posts

Back