DRIP ELECTRONICS - OPTO SEVEN

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im finally close to finishing mine. I saw a video where greg was grounding the xlr's on the back. But those xlr's were not soldered to the small green circuit board. They were just drilled into the back of the case. For those of us who have the newer design, do we have to run any wires from the ch1 and ch2 circuit board to ground the xlr's? or are they already "grounded" being soldered on to the circuit board? ... anyone know?

I’m not sure, but a quick check with your multimeter in continuity mode (or better yet, resistance mode) between the pin 1 pad and chassis will tell you what you need to know. You won’t want to connect your xlr pin 1 to the main signal board.

Cool thanks. I figured out the dimensions of the holes needed for the xlr's.Does anyone have a link for the SMA's. its not that Im lazy. its that in one of the videos that saw greg working with a project the cables he was using seemed like the end of the connection was super small. They didn't look at all like the regular SMA's that I saw online.The ones I saw online looked like basic cable wire connections with the screw head type of head. Are those the male to male that I need? I also did not know that I would need female to female. Thank you for that. If anyone has a link that would be super helpful. I just don't want to screw this up and order the wrong parts again lol.
Check this e seller ... totally recommended ... good price and low shipping costs ... i got my ones for the opto from here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202144321942
and the female sockets from here ... great e seller as well,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143476283373
Good luck

Nice well I finally finished!! The tubes lit up! Then after two power ups, it wouldnt turn on again :( I got a hold of Greg through email and he kindly walked me through a couple of different reasons as why it wouldnt turn back on. Turns out it was a fuse lol. Switched it and now she's up and running! Im so happy! It sounds freak in beautiful! At first it wasnt compressing but I moved a few wires around and got it working. Only thing that i havnt figured out is how to hook up the lamp/vu meter. Im sure I can figure it out . but im soooo happy and amazed at how this comp sounds! Thanks Greg! Im still not done painting. I got the wrong paint. This one had a texture to it. So im going to repaint it this we do. Right now im just happy that its working :)

Attachments

• 20210609_184337_HDR.jpg
    20210609_184337_HDR.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210609_184749_HDR.jpg
    20210609_184749_HDR.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 39
Any one know how to hook up the vu meter And the bypass,link switches? The instructions didnt cover that lol

I finally figured out that I had the vu meter hooked up right. It was a cheap meter that had the wrong specs so ill be ordering a different one here soon. As for the bypass and link switches I think that you plug in an SMA and cut the other end and wire those 2 halves to the switch.. I think. We'll see. If any one else here know the answer feel free to chime in . peace

ok if anyone needs help hooking up the meter,lamp,or bypass switches let me know. I got mine working and I’ll help ya out. I might have the link switch done also. More test tomorrow 😀

Great, i have a opto 7 as well but i did not build it myself.
With todays prices it ended up pretty expensive 😭
And later a dual sta from deip, even more expensive, gotta sell the opto 7 now 😭

Back