Durham's Bull

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe first acknowledge the BS that has been called out, then add a tiny side-note that both sides are regularly are guilty of such things, and move on?
My complaint is that so much real stuff is dismissed as just more BS (the great right wing conspiracy?).

This may be a personal problem of mine because I have too many "facebook friends" (cough) from a career in the musical equipment business. Many of my old "friends" are diametrically opposed to me philosophically. To get to my point, my friends are pretty cool thanks to long term extablished relationships, but the friends of my "facebook friends" feel no compunction to be civil. :rolleyes:

I want to understand why they believe what they believe (routinely debunked partisan spin). They keep spewing this stuff years after it was discredited. Apparently in their news sources these old fake themes get repeated with no push back.

I don't enjoy doing it but I try to be a voice of reason in a sea of partisan BS, but my comments routinely invite invective. I question whether this is a good use of my time. I know I am not changing their minds but maybe a few lurkers appreciate a different opinion.

or not...

Sorry for the veer... this forum is much more civil...

JR

So this story is awesome.

Fox ran a story about how homeless veterans were kicked out of a hotel in order to make room for migrants in need of temporary housing. Queue the outrage machine: Fox covered this story online and in no less than 5 separate 'news' shows, including segments on Fox and Friends, Laura Ingram, Fox News Live, The Faulkner Focus, and Fox News Weekend. So a mix of "the opinion people" and "the news people". Over 17 hours of coverage were provided over a period of 5 days, and 13 "experts" opined during interview segments, and there were lots of "Biden hates the troops", etc. There were also 4 different stories run on Fox's web site, which was also picked up by OAN, The Daily Wire, and Breitbart.

So it turns out the story was 100% horseshit:

So this prompted Fox to issue a retraction, which was inserted into the last portion of Laura Ingraham's show:

Total air time spent of the retraction: 18 seconds.
Ok. Fox made a mistake. Everyone in media has made a mistake at one point, it’s why they offer retractions. You will note how any news outlet will have the headline and run with it and then do a little mea culpa at the end or in the case of print news headline and then mea culpa on page 6.

Here is one of msnbc’s former leading evening time personalities getting fact checked
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/list/?category=&ruling=false&speaker=rachel-maddow

I could go on but I am sure you get the point. All news outlets at one time or another have stretched the truth to downright lied. They then went on to print a retraction.
What makes fox so special? Nothing except that you dislike them. We get it.

Last edited:
Maybe first acknowledge the BS that has been called out,
I did.

then add a tiny side-note that both sides are regularly are guilty of such things, and move on?
Why "tiny side-note?" If it's a huge problem when one outlet does it, it should be the same when another does. Unless you're biased and simply cannot admit it, which seems to be the case.

I noticed another Fox show airing a correction about that "migrants displacing unhoused veterans" hoax. "Outnumbered" issued a brief correction yesterday. I'll bet those are not the only two FOX shows that aired that fake story.

JR

Back