Espionage and other things

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh lordy there are tapes!

TRUMP: This was done by the military and given to me. Uh, I think we probably can, right?
STAFFER: I don't know, we'll have to see. We'll have to try to -
TRUMP: Declassify it.
STAFFER: -figure out a- yeah.
TRUMP: See as president I could have declassified it.
STAFF: Yeah. [laughter]
TRUMP: Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret.
STAFFER: Yeah. [laughter] Now we have a problem.
TRUMP: Isn't that interesting?

Utter tosh.
When's the last time you were in NYC? I was there last fall. Not that scary. Propagandistic fearmongering.

EDIT: I thought about commenting in this thread when it was first posted, but I couldn't see the point. I could already guess at the self-delusion, the whataboutism, the false equivalencies, the misstatements of fact. I've got to say, the usual suspects did not disappoint.
My cousin who's lived there for the past 15+ years disagrees with your assessment. So do the thousands of others who have exited the Big (rotten) Apple for primarily red states.

Utter tosh.
When's the last time you were in NYC? I was there last fall. Not that scary. Propagandistic fearmongering.

EDIT: I thought about commenting in this thread when it was first posted, but I couldn't see the point. I could already guess at the self-delusion, the whataboutism, the false equivalencies, the misstatements of fact. I've got to say, the usual suspects did not disappoint.
Well again much like l.a. over all crime rates are up but some crime statistics have fallen. For example murders are down but robberies are up. In all crime has increased.

Here is a snippet from the nyt Jan 5 2023. Only did the snipit as I don’t have a paid subscription.

Major Crimes Rose 22 Percent in New York City, Even as Shootings Fell​

Homicides fell last year to their lowest level since 2019, before the pandemic, but other categories of crime, including robbery and burglary, drove the overall increase compared with 2021.

I live here. There is relentless new apartment construction here. It must be for all the people leaving. Rents are crazy high now. Do not compute. I haven't been scared any place I've been in NY since the 1990's. During the pandemic they let prisoners out because they couldn't guarantee their safety in prison. Or something like that. That was not a good move and it did feel a little scary in places where they would congregate. That's over though.

I lived near the Marcy Houses (JZ's childhood residence) in the 90's. I worked the overnight shift at a studio near Times Square. Didn't have problems in Times Square. I walked home every night between 4AM and 6AM past the Marcy Houses. Never had a problem.

I live here. There is relentless new apartment construction here. It must be for all the people leaving. Rents are crazy high now. Do not compute. I haven't been scared any place I've been in NY since the 1990's. During the pandemic they let prisoners out because they couldn't guarantee their safety in prison. Or something like that. That was not a good move and it did feel a little scary in places where they would congregate. That's over though.
They are building massive new developments in l.a., people are moving in and moving out faster. Crime is up but some parts of crime are down…

They are building massive new developments in l.a., people are moving in and moving out faster. Crime is up but some parts of crime are down…
I go to 'bad parts' of town too. They seem pretty chill overall.

My brother's wife commutes to the city daily and gets harassed on a weekly basis, had a 'person of color' expose himself to her in the subway just the other month.

Yep, sounds safe to me..

What can I say Gold, you're a real New YAAAAAAAWKA, true grit. 👏

I guess it depends on your threshold. If you are the type who thinks you have the right to choke someone out who is ranting and raving because they are harshing your mellow, then the city is not for you.

I guess it depends on your threshold. If you are the type who thinks you have the right to choke someone out who is ranting and raving because they are harshing your mellow, then the city is not for you.
LOL.

Pulling your dick out on a subway in front of a lady is beyond any threshold I'd tolerate. I wouldn't mind if someone choked that MF'er out either. So maybe I'm the type?

Enjoy the shithole that's NYC. Thankfully I don't have to step foot there anymore.

Harshing your mellow? 🌽 Rant and rave all you like but don't come close to me or my family with your piss soaked clothes and dirty hands.

Last edited:
No I haven't been back to NYC for a couple decades, and I have no plans to change that.

I am sure people have different personal experiences.

If you like NYC enjoy... I liked visiting Manhattan last century....

JR

edit- Gibbs rule #39 "there is no such thing as coincidence"... ex-President Trump gets indicted coincident with President Biden's bribery charges hitting the news. /edit]

If I had to live in the suburbs I might make use of an AR15.
No I haven't been back to NYC for a couple decades, and I have no plans to change that.

I am sure people have different personal experiences.

If you like NYC enjoy... I liked visiting Manhattan last century....

JR
Despite what you hear it’s cleaner and safer than it was last century.

edit- Gibbs rule #39 "there is no such thing as coincidence"... ex-President Trump gets indicted coincident with President Biden's bribery charges hitting the news. /edit]
Endless “coincidences”, theories, conspiracies, and suspicions… Who’s to say what’s true and what’s not? Absolutely everyone. This two movies thing is really “my movie”. It wasn’t me officer, it was him! Speak it and it’s “your truth”.

Crime is up but some parts of crime are down…
I chalk some of this up to the sense of entitlement some of the newer and wealthier city-dwellers seem to have. A while ago I lived in a transitional neighborhood, a place where I'd only ever had minimal issues. A couple bought the house across the street, and not long after the husband came over to ask me about crime in the neighborhood. Seems his wife had left her laptop overnight in the back seat of her convertible, and someone had the audacity to slit the top and steal it. I wanted to tell the guy, Tell your wife not to leave her laptop in the convertible overnight & then you won't have these problems. But I didn't.

And as I've pointed out here in the past, gun theft is an issue in Atlanta because people leave them on their car seat or in an unlocked glove compartment when they park. And not only does that get you the initial crime of gun theft, it potentially contributes to other crimes down the road. (Also, there's the irony that someone scared enough of crime to carry a gun on their car seat has just donated a gun to a criminal.)

Most of us who've lived in cities for a long time (probably including you) know: don't do stupid sh!t, and your chances of being a victim of crime go waaaay down. I certainly don't want to excuse criminal activity, but when people behave like entitled dumbasses, bad things are likely to occur.

I chalk some of this up to the sense of entitlement some of the newer and wealthier city-dwellers seem to have. A while ago I lived in a transitional neighborhood, a place where I'd only ever had minimal issues. A couple bought the house across the street, and not long after the husband came over to ask me about crime in the neighborhood. Seems his wife had left her laptop overnight in the back seat of her convertible, and someone had the audacity to slit the top and steal it. I wanted to tell the guy, Tell your wife not to leave her laptop in the convertible overnight & then you won't have these problems. But I didn't.
So it's "entitlement" to have any expectation that your fellow citizens might respect private property and avoid criminal activity. I see.

And as I've pointed out here in the past, gun theft is an issue in Atlanta because people leave them on their car seat or in an unlocked glove compartment when they park.
Way to blame the victim.

And not only does that get you the initial crime of gun theft, it potentially contributes to other crimes down the road. (Also, there's the irony that someone scared enough of crime to carry a gun on their car seat has just donated a gun to a criminal.)

Circular logic.

Most of us who've lived in cities for a long time (probably including you) know: don't do stupid sh!t, and your chances of being a victim of crime go waaaay down. I certainly don't want to excuse criminal activity, but when people behave like entitled dumbasses, bad things are likely to occur.
Better yet, avoid cities because that's where most criminals are and, lately, where they are tolerated. The "stupid shit" is the criminal behavior, not innocent citizens who might like to enjoy life without constant worry about being victimized.

PS: Top secret newspaper clippings?
If you've actually paid attention to all this, you know that classified documents were found in all sorts of places--amid unclassified materials, in desk drawers, etc. But one wouldn't want to let truth get in the way of a snarky comment, would one?

Back