Everyone check this out!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

I found a new supplier today, think everyone should know about this place-

www.quest-comp.com

I had a sales person from allied on the phone for a half hour trying to find a part for me and eventually he goes, just call our distributor. Apparently quest is totally independant and sells to allied, mouser, digikey, etc. They'll sell to end users onsey twosey and have *no* minimum orders on price or quantities. The sales guy I spoke to was enthusiastic about return business, seems like a real hands on operation and went on to talk about an extensive obsolete selection, he mentioned emailing manufacturer part numbers to them, apparently they specialize in tracking stuff down. I havent gotten that far yet, so I'll take the guys word for now but regardless think this is a new exciting resource, the prices were very fair by the way. Check the line card on the website, they carry all sorts of good stuff including elna caps which is awesome. their warehouse is located in LA county.

If what I was told was true, and have no reason to currently think otherwise thus far, for those of us in america, this could be a great resource for one stop shopping instead of having to constantly order from three different places for one project. Just need the manufacturer part numbers to work with them.

cool news, check it out.

dave

Cool! Thanks for the tip, Dave.

Of course, I can tell you part of the reason these guys haven't turned up in searches before. The title tag of their main page is set simply to "Home", which is a default setting for many web page making apps. A lot of search engines skip these over.

They need to put something in there like "Quest Components: Your search for electronics is over! We stock common parts, obsolete parts, and offer a world-wide search service."

Not too many characters for most search engines, and the best keywords are early on in both the page and the tag. "Quest", "components", "electronics", "parts", "common", and "obsolete" are all relevent keywords.

We now conclude this lesson in web site design and return you to your regular thread. :green:

that place is brilliant!!! the only downer is that i will have to rework the DIY*81 and G*ssl BOMs i am doing to include the part numbers for Quest too........

Latest posts

Back